Designed to be consumed about 40 minutes before a longer or especially intense workout, this easy-to-digest pre-workout fuel will provide your muscles with clean burning carbs to carry you through the toughest of workouts. Since it’s in liquid form it will digest easily and therefore reduces the risk of a dreaded side stitch. Also, pineapple is high in a digestive enzyme called bromelain that further assists with digestibility. In addition, the Vega Sport® Pre-Workout Energizer will give your fat metabolism a boost with its green tea and yerba mate, enabling your body to burn more body fat while sparing muscle glycogen, thereby directly boosting endurance.
- Thrive Energy Cookbook by Brendan Brazier
- Publisher: Penguin Canada
- ¼ cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- ⅓ cup chopped pineapple
- ¼ cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 serving Acai Berry Vega Sport® Pre-Workout Energizer
- ½ cup coconut water
- ½ cup acai berry juice
- 1 Tbsp agave nectar or maple syrup (optional) *The agave is recommended if you’re planning a workout that will exceed 3 hours
- 2 cups ice cubes *If using frozen fruit, use less ice
In a blender, combine all the ingredients except the ice.
Add ice to about 1 inch (2.5 cm) above the liquid line.
Blend on high speed until smooth.