No gym? No problem! You don’t need to have a gym membership or a fancy home gym to be able to achieve your fitness goals. Your own body weight, a small amount of space, and some common furniture is all you need. Try this full body workout using a stable chair or a picnic table in your favourite park!
Perform desired reps with 30 to 45 second rest before moving on to the next exercise.
- Decline Push-upPerform push-up with your hands on either a stable chair or bench. Extra challenge: pause at the top of movement, place right hand on left shoulder, alternate side with each push-up. (10 to 15 reps)
- Triceps Dips Perform exercise with your hands on the bench and body facing away from picnic table. Beginner: knees bent, intermediate: legs straight, advanced: one leg raised. (10 to 15 reps)
- Single Leg Bench Get-UpSit on a bench with one foot on the ground and the other raised. Move to a standing position. (10 reps each side)
- Incline PlankPlace feet on bench, perform plank on either hands or forearms. (Hold for 30 to 45 seconds)
- Inverted/Incline Push-upPerform push-up with your feet on either table or bench. (10 to 15 reps)
- Single Leg LungesPlace one foot on bench and stand facing away from table. (Perform 10 lunges on one leg, switch)
Rest 1-2 minutes, repeat for 2-3 sets
“15 Second” Drill
Perform each exercise for 15 seconds, with no rest in between!
- Jumping Jacks Focus on speed
- Squat Jumps Squat to a 90-degree depth before jumping up (do not pause between jump)
- Mountain ClimbersFrom a push-up position, alternate bringing one knee to the chest at a time. Focus on speed
- Push-UpsStandard shoulder width or military push-ups to focus on triceps
- Plank-Walk upsStart in the plank position on your forearms. Walk your body up to a push-up position, pausing at the top. Lower body back to the plank position on forearms and pause.
Repeat Perform 4 sets with 1 minute rest in between!