Serves 4 | 30 Minute Prep Time
By Vega Blogger Kelsey, Originally Posted on a Little Rosemary and Time Tiramisu for breakfast? Yes please! As Recipe Contributor and Vega Blogger Kelsey of a Little Rosemary and Time says, “Pancakes are a stable of mine- especially on the weekends but with tons of flour and sugar, they can quickly become an overindulgent treat. This recipe was inspired by Vega Sport Performance Protein to make a delicious, and decadent, yet healthy breakfast. So go ahead and indulge without the guilt!”
- ¼ cup whole psyllium husks (or ½ cup ground flaxseeds)
- 4 cups almond milk
- 2 tsp rum extract
- 2 servings Mocha Vega Sport® Performance Protein
- 2 cups gluten-free flour
- 4 Tbsp cacao powder
- 1 Tbsp instant espresso powder
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 3 cups plain (soy or coconut) yogurt
- 2 tsp stevia extract
- Non – stick spray
- Additonal Toppings (Optional): sugar-free chocolate syrup, strawberries, sliced
- In a small bowl, combine the psyllium husks (or flax seeds if using instead), almond milk and rum extract. Whisk together and set aside for several minutes (the mixture should thicken up and become slightly gelatinous).
- In a medium sized bowl, combine dry ingredients (Vega Sport Performance Protein, flour, cacao, espresso, baking powder). Using a spoon, mix in the wet mixture being careful not to over-mix. It should be thick, but if it’s too dry, add a little more almond milk.
- Heat a small pan on medium-low heat. Coat with non-stick spray and add pancake batter 1/3 a cup at a time. Cover pan with a lid and cook for several minutes until the sides of the pancake firm up. Flip and cook for several more minutes. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Whip together yogurt and stevia sweetener (you could also just opt for a sweetened vanilla yogurt).
- Top pancakes with a dollop of yogurt on each one and add additional chocolate syrup and strawberries if desired.