Wouldn’t it be nice to know that something you were about to eat a) tasted delicious, and b) was a comprehensive blend of minimally- processed clean carbs and nutrients formulated to help improve your health? Well, let me introduce you to Vega One®.
With everything you need, and nothing you don’t, each ingredient in Vega One serves a purpose. Although I would love to chat about each of those today, you don’t have three hours to read an article. So, I’ll focus on a little one that’s near and dear to my heart: carbohydrates.
The Basics of Carbohydrates
Contrary to some current beliefs they’re “bad,” carbohydrates are an essential macronutrient for health. While our central nervous system prefers carbohydrates as their primary source of fuel, the rest of our body reaps benefits from them as well.1 Like the other macronutrients, there are more nutritious types of carbohydrates than others. By choosing nutrient dense, whole foods, you’re getting clean carbs that are minimally-refined compared to their heavily-processed counterparts. Each scoop of Vega One® contains health-promoting carbohydrates, including complex starches, fiber, and naturally-occurring sweeteners that will help you feel satiated and energized.2
Carbs in Vega One®
Complex Starch in Vega One®
Sources: Sprouted whole grain brown rice and pea protein
- Because Vega One contains a minimally-processed plant-based protein blend, there are also some complex carbohydrates from our sprouted whole grain brown rice and pea protein.
- Vega One has minimal effects on blood sugar levels, since it has a low-glycemic value of 19.2
Fiber in Vega One®
- Soluble: Flax
- Insoluble: Inulin (derived from chicory root) and flax
- Soluble fiber helps you to maintain normal blood sugar levels
- Soluble fiber promotes a feeling of fullness, reduces feelings of hunger and thereby supports healthy weight management when combined with exercise
- Insoluble fiber normalizes elimination and maintains bowel health
Naturally Occurring Sugars in Vega One®
Vega One gets most of its sweetness from stevia—a zero-calorie, natural, plant-based sweetener that delivers sweetness without carbs and calories.
Sources: Natural flavors, antioxidant blend and stevia
- The 2 gm of sugar in Vega One is from the natural flavors and antioxidant blend—derived from plant essences and extracts
So, the next time you find yourself pining for something to sip on as a start to your busy day, or before a night out on the town with the girls, consider Vega One. It’s one fabulous way to treat your body and mind to clean, plant-based nutrition while enjoying every second of it.
Are you a carb lover or skipper?
- Mahan LK, Escott-Stump S. (2008). Krause’s Food and Nutrition Therapy. Saunders Elsevier. 12th ed.
- Institute of Medicine (2002). Dietary Reference Intakes for Energy, Carbohydrate, Fiber, Fat, Fatty
- Mayo Clinic Staff. Mayo Clinic Foundation for Medical Education and Research (2009) Dietary Fiber: Essential for a Healthy Diet. Accessed December 29, 2011 at http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/fiber/NU00033