Vega is a high-growth, natural health food and supplement company on Profit Magazine’s Profit 100 list of fastest growing companies in the last five years with a passion for people. Our premium, award-winning brand is at the forefront of the plant-based, whole food revolution. Vega has been named one of the Best Workplaces in Canada for six consecutive years and was recently awarded the #1 Best Workplace in Canada 2017. Vega has also been recognized as the #1 Best Workplace for Women in Canada for the third year in a row. We honor a triple bottom line approach to business placing emphasis on people, planet, and performance. Join a great team atmosphere with a driven, vivacious group of people.
Reporting to Director of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), you will play a pivotal role in the overall Sales Planning FP&A function by enabling trade spend optimization. You will work cross functionally with Strategic Account Managers and Sales Planning & Strategy team to drive efficiency in product and customer performance and to provide thought leadership and recommendations that will provide product mix direction to optimize profit. The ideal candidate for this role will have a background working with Sales and Operations teams, and understand the mechanics of customer investment, product mix and promotional efficiency.
You take your job seriously while having fun at work with the Vega team. You value continuous improvement and are performance driven; you take ownership and show initiative in everything you do. You are passionate about Health & Wellness and thrive in an environment/industry that never stays still.
Sales & Trade Financial Planning:
- Navigate Sales Planning Trade Tool lead to enhance tool integration into financial planning processes.
- Work with Sales Leads and internal cross functional teams to enable trade accountability.
- Provide customer level trade recommendations that will provide product mix direction to optimize profit.
- Manage trade planning by customer and by product segments
- Optimize trade dollars planned & allocated
- Play pivotal role in overall Sales Planning FP&A function
- Work cross functionally to support Sales Planning & Strategy team
- Utilize trade planning system and integrate into financial planning processes
- Work with field sales team and internal cross functional teams to drive trade accountability
Interface with Sales Field Team & support functions:
- Plays an integral role in assisting Strategic Account Managers to optimize investment across customers and products
- Work closely with Sales Planning and Strategy team to scenario build future customer investment plans.
- Play a pivotal role in the overall Sales Planning FP&A function by enabling trade spend optimization
- Work cross functionally with Strategic Account Managers and Sales Planning & Strategy team to drive efficiency in product and customer performance.
- Working with Sales team to provide thought leadership to reduce high trade customers through product mix vs. cutting spend.
Skills and Qualifications
- Proven experience working with Sales & Operations teams
- Sales Finance background and understanding of the mechanics of customer investment, product mix and promotional efficiency.
- Understanding of consumption metrics using Point of Sales data (i.e. IRI, Nielsen, SPINS) and the overall customer plan.
- Understanding of customer mix and channel demands between Natural, FDM, Club, E-commerce.
- Consumer Packaged Good industry experience in evaluating and recommending investment enhancements for promotions and products.
- 3-5 years experience with CPG industry in a similar Sales Trade Finance position.
- Knowledge of ‘CPG Toolbox’ software a strong asset; or other customer investment tools.
- Knowledge of financial and general accounting procedures (creating journal entries, invoicing, reporting, reconciliations)
- MS Office (Excel knowledge: vlookups, pivot tables)
- Highly organized with an eye for detail and accuracy
- Exceptional time management skills and thrives working under pressure
- Strong communication skills, both in person and over the phone
- Ability to adapt and thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Intermediate knowledge of ERP systems (NetSuite knowledge is an asset)
- You describe yourself as a performance driven, self-motivated team player
- You have an unrelenting desire to achieve
- The outdoors isn’t just the place between your car and house
- You have a sense of humor and passion for health and wellness
- You love to have fun, but take your responsibilities seriously
- You live the Vega brand
Benefits of Working for VEGA
- Competitive compensation plan
- Open Book Management
- Annual Bonuses
- Alternative refreshment options that go beyond coffee
- On-site kitchen with in-house Vegan Chef offering plant-based food and snacks
- An optional plant-based lunch program
- In-house gym and meditation room
- Bi-Monthly product to try so that you can perform at your best and promote the Vegatopian lifestyle
- MSP – 100% coverage
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Flexible Extended Health/Dental Plan
- Green Transit incentives
- Fitness Subsidy
- Employer matching RRSP Program
- Education Fund
Let your journey begin!
If you smiled and are motivated by this posting, we want to hear from you. Send us your application at email@example.com with “Trade Financial Analyst, FP&A” on the subject line and let your journey begin!
Vega is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer reasonable accommodations to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their time and interest in working at Vega, however, only candidates under consideration for opportunities with Vega will be contacted to participate further in this process. If you are contacted and you require any accommodation in the recruitment process due to a disability, please indicate this and we will work with you to meet your reasonable accessibility needs.