Vega is a high-growth, natural health food and supplement company on Profit Magazine’s Profit 100 list of fastest growing companies the last five years with a passion for people. Our premium, award-winning brand is at the forefront of the plant-based, whole food revolution. Vega has been named one of the Best Workplaces in Canada and has been recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for Women. We honor a triple bottom line approach to business placing emphasis on people, planet and performance. Join a great team atmosphere with a driven, vivacious group of people.
An exciting and challenging position exists as a Supply Chain Quality Specialist at Vega’s head office in Burnaby, BC. Reporting to the Director of Quality Assurance, the Supply Chain Specialist will be responsible for carrying out Vega’s Supply Chain Quality Program for raw and packaging materials and their suppliers. You will advocate quality and continuous improvement with Vega’s raw material and packaging providers through mutual understanding and partnership. You will work closely with the Food Safety members to establish and execute standards for raw material risk assessment and conduct GMP audits of manufacturer facilities to ensure that corrective actions are appropriate and completed in a timely manner.
You take supply chain seriously, but still have fun at work with your Vega team. You show initiative in everything you do and are always looking for ways to improve. You are open to new ideas, and you know that feedback from others helps you grow and allows you to thrive. As a performance-driven individual, you create solutions for your team and show up every day ready for a new adventure. You believe in contributing to culture – not just talking about it – and you live (and love) the Vega culture: health, fitness, and striving for always better.
- Carry out Vega’s Supply Chain Quality Program for raw and packaging materials and their suppliers.
- Work with Food Safety to execute the raw material testing matrix (methods and limits)
- Work closely with the Food Safety members to establish and execute standards for raw material risk assessment
- Ensure raw material suppliers meet Vega standards
- Manage raw material risk database and implementation of standards
- Review and ensure raw material manufacturer SOPs meet Vega standards
- Conduct GMP audits of manufacturer facilities and follow-up on deficiencies to ensure that corrective actions are appropriate and completed in a timely manner
- Investigate non-conformances and out of specs relating to the manufacturing sites; work with manufacturers to achieve corrective and preventative actions
- Help suppliers meet Vega requirements on product quality, design, or manufacturing processes
- Assist manufacturers to continuously improve on quality and efficiency
- Manage project timelines
- Duties as assigned by manager
- This full-time position is to be based in Burnaby BC. Traveling is required locally, within North America and globally. Overnight travel will be required and shift work may be required on occasion.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, and/or Food Science
- 2-5 years of progressive experience in a relevant role required (with management experience an asset)
- Strong knowledge of Food Safety and GMP requirements for Food and Natural Health Products/Dietary Supplements
- Familiar with Canada’s Safe Food for Canadians Act and Regulation and FDA’s FSMA/FSMR; as well as NHPs and DS GMP requirements
- Experience with a GFSI or equivalent standards
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong relationship building and diplomacy skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Thrives working in a dynamic environment
- A problem solver and an advocate for continuous improvements
- A self-starter who is able to work independently, able to take initiative
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- You have an unrelenting desire to achieve
- The outdoors isn’t just the place between your car and house
- You have a sense of humor and passion for health and wellness
- You love to have fun, but take your responsibilities seriously
- You live the Vega brand
Benefits of Working for VEGA
- Competitive compensation plan
- Open Book Management
- Annual bonuses
- Alternative refreshment options that go beyond coffee
- On-site kitchen with in-house Vegan Chef offering plant-based food and snacks
- An optional plant-based lunch program
- In-house gym and meditation room
- Dogs in the office – Woof!
- Bi-Monthly product to try so that you can perform at your best and promote the Vegatopian lifestyle
- MSP – 100% coverage
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Extended Health Plan
- Parental Leave top-up
- Green Transit incentives
- Referral bonus program incentive
- Fitness Subsidy
- Education Fund
- Employer matching RRSP Program
Let your journey begin!
If you smiled and are motivated by this posting, we want to hear from you. Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Supply Chain Quality Specialist” on the subject line and let your journey begin!
Vega is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer reasonable accommodations to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their time and interest in working at Vega, however, only candidates under consideration for opportunities with Vega will be contacted to participate further in this process. If you are contacted and you require any accommodation in the recruitment process due to a disability, please indicate this and we will work with you to meet your reasonable accessibility needs.