Vega is a high-growth, natural health food and supplement company on Profit Magazine’s Profit 100 list of fastest growing companies in the last five years with a passion for people. Our premium, award-winning brand is at the forefront of the plant-based, whole food revolution. Vega has been named one of the Best Workplaces in Canada for six consecutive years and was recently awarded the #1 Best Workplace in Canada 2017. Vega has also been recognized as the #1 Best Workplace for Women in Canada for the third year in a row. We honor a triple bottom line approach to business placing emphasis on people, planet, and performance. Join a great team atmosphere with a driven, vivacious group of people.
An exciting and challenging position exists for a Strategic Account Manager – Drug Channel at Vega. Reporting to the Director of Sales, US the Strategic Account Manager’s primary responsibility is to develop and grow Vega’s strategic accounts and to deliver growth targets through merchandising goals, marketing campaigns, promotions and new product acceptance and placement. This position will lead Vega’s efforts and business development within the Drug Channel. The ideal candidate will have 5-7 years of strategic account management experience working with corporate category managers/buyers at key/strategic customers within the Drug Channel.
You take customer service and sales seriously, but have fun at work with the Vega team! You value integrity, customer service; you take ownership and show initiative in everything you do and are performance driven. You not only love the culture, but contribute to it. Health and fitness is not something you read about, but something you live.
Strategic Account Development
- Meet/over-deliver assigned club specific quotas & targets
- Develop and execute club specific joint-business plans that align with corporate and customer specific goals and objectives
- Create and execute promotions based on ROI, historical performance, and consumption data
- Develop Drug Channel specific product launch plans and presentations that align with corporate and customer specific objectives
- Understand importance of marketplace pricing & ensure Drug Channel Customers follows recommended pricing guidelines and adhere to MAP
- Develop best-in-class business relationships with each customer. Provide leadership as a trusted business-partner
- Attend customer specific trade shows/national meetings as required (minimum of two per year)
- Accurately forecast sales in units and dollars and provide monthly updates to the Operations teams and other internal stakeholders
- Accurately forecast and effectively manage trade spend budgets to achieve sales target without overspending
- Build and maintain strong cross-functional relationships to include Trade Marketing, Finance, Supply Chain, Marketing
- Spend minimum of 1-2 days per quarter in Burnaby meeting with and partnering with internal teams on club specific business plans and opportunities
- Account specific travel a must
- Prepare and participate in weekly 1-1 meetings with Director of Sales, FDMC
- Participate in all required conference calls for team and company
- Submit all expenses and receipts in a timely manner and as directed by the company
- Manage business and responsibilities within assigned expense budgets—includes managing own travel planning and budgeting
- Responsible for organizing and maintaining a record or filing system for all pertinent information that applies to the job and for each account.
- Ability to consistently, effectively and professionally communicate in writing and directly with all others involved with the responsibilities of the job.
- Responsible for properly maintaining all assigned company equipment
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Business preferred (equivalent experience will be considered)
- Minimum of 5-7 years of strategic account management experience working with corporate category managers/buyers at key/strategic customers within the Drug Channel. Position is field based, work from home
- Proven track record of delivering strong sales results and performance versus goals/targets
- Strong analytical skills and experience required, including experience with Nielsen and/or IRI
- Demonstrated strategic thinking, creativity, and ability to solve problems a must
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Negotiation and effective presentation skills are critical
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
- Possess a valid Driver’s License
- You have an unrelenting desire to achieve
- The outdoors isn’t just the place between your car and house
- You have a sense of humor and passion for health and wellness
- You love to have fun, but take your responsibilities seriously
- You live the Vega brand
Benefits of Working for VEGA
- Competitive compensation plan
- Open Book Management
- Annual Bonuses
- Alternative refreshment options that go beyond coffee
- On-site kitchen with in-house Vegan Chef offering plant-based food and snacks
- An optional plant-based lunch program
- In-house gym and meditation room
- Bi-Monthly product to try so that you can perform at your best and promote the Vegatopian lifestyle
- MSP – 100% coverage
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Flexible Extended Health/Dental Plan
- Green Transit incentives
- Fitness Subsidy
- Employer matching RRSP Program
- Education Fund
Let your journey begin!
If you smiled and are motivated by this posting, we want to hear from you. Send us your application at email@example.com with “SAM – DRUG CHANNEL” on the subject line and let your journey begin!
Vega is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer reasonable accommodations to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their time and interest in working at Vega, however, only candidates under consideration for opportunities with Vega will be contacted to participate further in this process. If you are contacted and you require any accommodation in the recruitment process due to a disability, please indicate this and we will work with you to meet your reasonable accessibility needs.