Vega is a high-growth, natural health food and supplement company on Profit Magazine’s Profit 100 list of fastest growing companies the last five years with a passion for people. Our premium, award-winning brand is at the forefront of the plant-based, whole food revolution. Vega has been named one of the Best Workplaces in Canada and has been recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for Women. We honor a triple bottom line approach to business placing emphasis on people, planet and performance. Join a great team atmosphere with a driven, vivacious group of people.
An exciting and challenging position exists as the Shopper Marketing Manager at Vega’s head office in Burnaby, BC. The Manager, Shopper Marketing will play an integral role in the development and execution of shopper marketing programs that support our brand, category and customer sales objectives. The position will lead the Shopper Marketing Team that is responsible for developing shopper marketing strategies that connect shopper behavior, trends and platforms into tangible business development plans. This position will be responsible for leading efforts in developing retailer specific shopper marketing programs, demo strategy and coordination, budget management, creating internal communication tools and analytical support.
You take shopper marketing seriously, but still have fun at work with your Vega team. You show initiative in everything you do and are always looking for ways to improve. You are open to new ideas, and you know that feedback from others helps you grow and allows you to thrive. As a performance-driven individual, you create solutions for your team and show up every day ready for a new adventure. You believe in contributing to culture – not just talking about it – and you live (and love) the Vega culture: health, fitness, and striving for always better.
The Shopper Marketing Manager will build a strategy for how to successfully introduce products to customers, educate at store level and drive sales. You will do this by creating engagement in store with consumers and providing value to our retail partners
- Lead our instore marketing efforts across US and Canada, including defining our Demo/Event Model moving forward as well as the evolution of brand activations in retail.
- Development and execution of shopper activation plans across key retailer partners that contribute to growth and align with brand/category objectives.
- Develop a strategy that delivers premium activation ideas for at shelf, out-of-aisle, as well as full retail takeover experiences.
- Work with internal/ external stakeholders including brand marketing, creative, sales, category management, production, finance and external agencies to effectively brief, collaborate and provide ongoing feedback to ensure on-brand and timely completion of projects.
- Attend key retail meetings where necessary to pitch + sell-in large scale shopper programs
- Alignment with shopper insights in order to provide relevant, compelling and actionable support platforms and program recommendations
- Monitors and controls assigned expense budgets, works jointly with finance to establish and monitor accrual and forecasting budgets and balances
- Measure and track success metrics for shopper marketing programs and initiatives.
- Support the execution and implementation of custom shopper research projects.
- Ability to professionally and effectively resolve internal and external conflicts and concerns related to program issues.
Skills and Qualifications
- 3-5 years of experience in experiential marketing or events planning
- 1-2 years’ experience managing a team of direct reports
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, and/or Management related discipline
- 5-7 years of experience in sales, category management and/or marketing/agency environment
- Expert project management skills
- Strong analytical skills (ability to look into a set of data and draw the right conclusions and actionable recommendations)
- Demonstrated fiscal responsibilities and budget management capabilities
- Ability to work in a matrix environment where priorities change rapidly and tight deadlines exist
VEGA “Must Haves”
- You have an unrelenting desire to achieve
- The outdoors isn’t just the place between your car and house
- You have a sense of humor and passion for health and wellness
- You love to have fun, but take your responsibilities seriously
- You live the Vega brand
Benefits of Working for Vega
- Competitive compensation plan
- Open Book Management
- Annual bonuses
- Alternative refreshment options that go beyond coffee
- On-site kitchen with in-house Vegan Chef offering plant-based food and snacks
- An optional plant-based lunch program
- In-house gym and meditation room
- Dogs in the office – Woof!
- Bi-Monthly product to try so that you can perform at your best and promote the Vegatopian lifestyle
- MSP – 100% coverage
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Extended Health Plan
- Parental Leave top-up
- Green Transit incentives
- Referral bonus program incentive
- Fitness Subsidy
- Education Fund
- Employer matching RRSP Program
Let your journey begin...
If you smiled and are motivated by this posting, we want to hear from you. Send your resume to email@example.com with “Shopper Marketing Manager” on the subject line and let your journey begin!
Vega is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer reasonable accommodations to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their time and interest in working at Vega, however, only candidates under consideration for opportunities with Vega will be contacted to participate further in this process. If you are contacted and you require any accommodation in the recruitment process due to a disability, please indicate this and we will work with you to meet your reasonable accessibility needs.