Vega is a premium, award-winning brand at the forefront of the plant-based, whole food revolution. We are committed to bringing sustainable plant-based nutrition to the world and we’re proud to be part of the B Corp™ movement; a commitment to meeting rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. Vega has been named one of the Best Workplaces in Canada and has been recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for Women. We honor a triple bottom line approach to business placing emphasis on people, planet and performance. Join a great team atmosphere with a driven, vivacious group of people.
An exciting and challenging contract position exists as the Senior Media & Digital Manager at Vega’s head office in Burnaby, BC. Reporting to the Marketing Brand Director, this person will develop and lead the media and communication strategy for Vega all with the aim of driving brand awareness and promoting brand loyalty. In this role, you will be responsible for developing the communications content strategy in collaboration with the creative team, oversee all Media Planning and buying (heavy digital focus), as well as creating holistic omnichannel campaigns, leading and managing all PR programs, and all external partnerships as well as athlete sponsorships. This person must be able to cultivate strong relationships within their team, and with our external partners and internal stakeholders.
You take media seriously, but still have fun at work with your Vega team. You show initiative in everything you do and are always looking for ways to improve. You are open to new ideas, and you know that feedback from others helps you grow and allows you to thrive. As a performance-driven individual, you create solutions for your team and show up every day ready for a new adventure. You believe in contributing to culture – not just talking about it – and you live (and love) the Vega culture: health, fitness, and striving for always better.
- Development of Vega’s annual cross-channel/cross-platform communication plans, with a heavy focus on digital (DTC platform, owned social channels and paid media)
- Management of our external Media Buying and PR agencies – including budgeting, relationship management, KPI setting and reviews
- Ownership of our external partnerships, including influencers and athlete sponsorships
- Working in tandem with the Base Brand team to ensure Communications Plans align to overall business strategy and priorities
- Working collaboratively with our internal Creative Agency and eCommerce team on the development of all assets and content
- Working with our internal DTC/eComm teams on ensuring the proper support on sales driving initiatives
- Conducting post-campaign reviews and providing insight on optimizations for future work
- Continual optimization of our always-on media, assessing what is working and trialing new channels/platforms
- Oversee the media team (2 direct reports), providing leadership and guidance
- Budget management and allocation
Skills & Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree in Business/Marketing or Communications
- 6+ years’ of progressive experience in the Digital Marketing space (agency or client side) and Communications
- Digital advertising experience with a focus on paid social, paid search (SEM), SEO and performance marketing is a must
- Experience with creative evaluation and optimization, as well as deep understanding of creative best practices across platforms
- Minimum 1-2 years of people management and leadership experience
- A natural leader who can bring together teams under a common goal
- Current experience and full understanding of media trends, tools, strategies
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple projects, stakeholders and timelines
- Ability to adapt and pivot to changing needs of the business
VEGA “Must Haves”
- You have an unrelenting desire to achieve
- The outdoors isn’t just the place between your car and house
- You have a sense of humour and passion for health and wellness
- You love to have fun, but take your responsibilities seriously
- You live the Vega brand
Benefits of Working for VEGA
- Competitive compensation plan
- Open Book Management
- Annual bonuses
- Alternative refreshment options that go beyond coffee
- On-site kitchen with in-house Vegan Chef offering plant-based food and snacks
- An optional plant-based lunch program
- In-house gym and meditation room
- Dogs in the office – Woof!
- Bi-Monthly product to try so that you can perform at your best and promote the Vegatopian lifestyle
- MSP – 100% coverage
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Extended Health Plan
- Parental Leave top-up
- Green Transit incentives
- Referral bonus program incentive
- Fitness Subsidy
- Education Fund
- Employer matching RRSP Program
Let your journey begin!
If you smiled and are motivated by this posting, we want to hear from you. Send us your application at email@example.com with “Senior Media & Digital Manager” on the subject line and let your journey begin!
Vega is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer reasonable accommodations to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their time and interest in working at Vega, however, only candidates under consideration for opportunities with Vega will be contacted to participate further in this process. If you are contacted and you require any accommodation in the recruitment process due to a disability, please indicate this and we will work with you to meet your reasonable accessibility needs.