Vega is a high-growth, natural health food and supplement company on Profit Magazine’s Profit 100 list of fastest growing companies the last five years with a passion for people. Our premium, award-winning brand is at the forefront of the plant-based, whole food revolution. Vega has been named one of the Best Workplaces in Canada and has been recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for Women. We honor a triple bottom line approach to business placing emphasis on people, planet and performance. Join a great team atmosphere with a driven, vivacious group of people.
An exciting and challenging position exists as a North America Sales Strategy Manager at Vega’s head office in Burnaby, BC. Reporting to the Sr. Manager of Sales Planning and Strategy the selected individual will play a key role in the development and execution of Vega’s Strategic Growth Plan across the international marketplace. This position requires a Sales Professional with added experience in one of the following – Sales Planning and Strategy, Marketing and/or Shopper Marketing. As a key member within the SPS Team the NSSM is accountable for leading and developing specific sales goals, driving the sales planning process, working cross functionally on product development, channel optimization, pricing and ensuring the sales team is armed to execute with excellence.
*Note that this is an individual contributor role with no direct reports.
You have a passion for sales and take customer service seriously, but still have fun at work with your Vega team. You show initiative in everything you do and are always looking for ways to improve. You are open to new ideas, and you know that feedback from others helps you grow and allows you to thrive. As a performance-driven individual, you create solutions for your team and show up every day ready for a new adventure. You believe in contributing to culture – not just talking about it – and you live (and love) the Vega culture: health, fitness, and striving for always better.
- Develops trade investment strategies to drive maximum achievement of sales, profit and ROI for the individual’s portfolio of product
- Works closely with marketing to develop and execute plans consistent with long-range strategic goals
- Collaborates with customer teams participating in growth-oriented annual business planning and attends customer meetings as required
- Assists in the development of sales plans for new product and line extensions
- Manages the necessary tactical revisions to plan to ensure that business objectives are met
- Works on trade investment and promotions to achieve company objectives; leads post evaluation frame work to optimize promotional strategy
- Provides guidance on the Trade Tool implementation and best practices
- Provides leadership and best in class sales reporting mechanisms and systems to ensure trade spending effectiveness
- Works with marketing to ensure that promotional funds as well as strategies and objectives are integrated into the field release and are consistent across business units
- Maintains a schedule of field contacts to insure up-to-date knowledge of changes in customer operating philosophy as well as an understanding of field planning capabilities and needs
- Develops and maintains meaningful relationships with internal and external teams
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or MBA in Business, Management, Sales or a related field
- 3-5 years of progressive Sales experience in the Consumer Packaged Goods industry with at least two years calling on large strategic accounts such as Target, Walmart, Loblaws and Costco is required
- Natural Channel experience specifically with Whole Foods Market an asset
- Experience in managing large customers, vendors and external agencies
- Experience negotiating and influencing, through communication, large groups or high-level constituents/representatives of an organization
- Strong analytical skills with experience in P&L Development, Channel Strategy, Price/Promo/Trade Rate Development and product development is required
- Proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint
- Fluent in understanding Consumption Data from IRI, Nielsen and other sources such as Spins
- Excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skill with a strong attention to detail
- Experience working cross-functionally in a large multi-national organization
- Performance driven with desire to take on a high level of responsibility and work in a fast-paced environment
- Proven success at fostering teamwork and team development
- Small amount of travel within Canada and to the US is required. Must have a valid passport
- You have an unrelenting desire to achieve
- The outdoors isn’t just the place between your car and house
- You have a sense of humor and passion for health and wellness
- You love to have fun, but take your responsibilities seriously
- You live the Vega brand
Benefits of Working for VEGA
- Competitive compensation plan
- Open Book Management
- Annual bonuses
- Alternative refreshment options that go beyond coffee
- On-site kitchen with in-house Vegan Chef offering plant-based food and snacks
- An optional plant-based lunch program
- In-house gym and meditation room
- Dogs in the office – Woof!
- Bi-Monthly product to try so that you can perform at your best and promote the Vegatopian lifestyle
- MSP – 100% coverage
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Extended Health Plan
- Parental Leave top-up
- Green Transit incentives
- Referral bonus program incentive
- Fitness Subsidy
- Education Fund
- Employer matching RRSP Program
Let your journey begin!
If you smiled and are motivated by this posting, we want to hear from you. Send us your application at email@example.com with “Sales & Planning Strategy Manager, North America” on the subject line and let your journey begin!
Vega is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer reasonable accommodations to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their time and interest in working at Vega, however, only candidates under consideration for opportunities with Vega will be contacted to participate further in this process. If you are contacted and you require any accommodation in the recruitment process due to a disability, please indicate this and we will work with you to meet your reasonable accessibility needs.