Vega is a high-growth, natural health food and supplement company on Profit Magazine’s Profit 100 list of fastest growing companies the last five years with a passion for people. Our premium, award-winning brand is at the forefront of the plant-based, whole food revolution. Vega has been named one of the Best Workplaces in Canada and has been recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for Women. We honor a triple bottom line approach to business placing emphasis on people, planet and performance. Join a great team atmosphere with a driven, vivacious group of people.
An exciting and challenging 12-month contract position exists as a QA Administrator at Vega’s head office in Burnaby, BC. Reporting to the Manager of QA (Document Control), you will be responsible for maintaining various QA databases and executing Vega’s product hold/release program. Day to day, you will be handling and processing returns, maintaining QA documents, assisting in product testing and product organoleptic testing.
You take customer service seriously, but still have fun at work with your Vega team. You show initiative in everything you do and are always looking for ways to improve. You are open to new ideas, and you know that feedback from others helps you grow and allows you to thrive. As a performance-driven individual, you create solutions for your team and show up every day ready for a new adventure. You believe in contributing to culture – not just talking about it – and you live (and love) the Vega culture: health, fitness, and striving for always better.
- Gather, coordinate and organize retain samples
- Maintain retains database, keeping it up to date and working on continuous process efficiency improvement
- Handling / processing returns; maintain and keep returns documents up to date (RMA tracker database)
- Develop, revise and maintain related work Instructions
- Assist in product testing/sustainability by prepping the samples and shipping out to the lab
- Conduct and lead product organoleptic testing; setting up the sample tasting and maintain organoleptic database.
- Data entry of quality related documents (maintain and daily entry of CoA results in database – advising QA when any OOS)
- Execute Vega’s product hold/release program
- Product packaging review for re-prints/re-orders
- Participate in annual mock recalls
- Other duties as assigned by the QA Manager
Skills and Qualifications
- University diploma preferably Bachelor of Science
- Min 1 year of experience in the food industry with relevant GMP and quality systems experience preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to work both independently and in cross functional teams
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, etc)
- You have an unrelenting desire to achieve
- The outdoors isn’t just the place between your car and house
- You have a sense of humor and passion for health and wellness
- You love to have fun, but take your responsibilities seriously
- You live the Vega brand
Benefits of Working for VEGA
- Competitive compensation plan
- Open Book Management
- Alternative refreshment options that go beyond coffee
- On-site kitchen with in-house Vegan Chef offering plant-based food and snacks
- An optional plant-based lunch program
- In-house gym and meditation room
- Dogs in the office – Woof!
- Bi-Monthly product to try so that you can perform at your best and promote the Vegatopian lifestyle
- MSP – 100% coverage
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Extended Health Plan
- Green Transit incentives
- Referral bonus program incentive
- Fitness Subsidy
- Education Fund
Let your journey begin!
If you smiled and are motivated by this posting, we want to hear from you. Send your digital portfolio and resume to email@example.com with “QA Administrator – 12 month contract” on the subject line and let your journey begin!
Vega is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer reasonable accommodations to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their time and interest in working at Vega, however, only candidates under consideration for opportunities with Vega will be contacted to participate further in this process. If you are contacted and you require any accommodation in the recruitment process due to a disability, please indicate this and we will work with you to meet your reasonable accessibility needs.