Vega is a high-growth, natural health food and supplement company on Profit Magazine’s Profit 100 list of fastest growing companies the last five years with a passion for people. Our premium, award-winning brand is at the forefront of the plant-based, whole food revolution. Vega has been named one of the Best Workplaces in Canada and has been recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for Women. We honor a triple bottom line approach to business placing emphasis on people, planet and performance. Join a great team atmosphere with a driven, vivacious group of people.
An exciting and challenging position exists as a Production Planning Specialist at Vega’s head office in Burnaby, BC. Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, the function of this position is to plan and coordinate the production of finished goods through our contract manufacturing sites. This includes working closely with our FP&A team to translate forecasts into an actionable production plan within our manufacturing network, liaising with our Procurement team to ensure raw materials and packaging arrive at our manufacturers in time to support the production schedules and prioritizing/expediting production when necessary to meet Vega’s KPI’s. The role requires a solid understanding of manufacturing processes and inventory control and complete ownership of all processes under your influence is expected.
You take production planning seriously, but still have fun at work with your Vega team. You show initiative in everything you do and are always looking for ways to improve. You are open to new ideas, and you know that feedback from others helps you grow and allows you to thrive. As a performance-driven individual, you create solutions for your team and show up every day ready for a new adventure. You believe in contributing to culture – not just talking about it – and you live (and love) the Vega culture: health, fitness, and striving for always better.
- Monitor inventory levels for all finished goods in your portfolio
- Plan and coordinate production at manufacturers
- Plan and manage packaging requirement needed for production
- Monitor delivery schedules from manufacturers and adjust priorities with them as required
- Create Production forecasts for each manufacturer to satisfy forecast sales demand and desired inventory levels
- Issue purchase orders to contract manufacturers
- Reconcile Packaging at contract manufacturers
- Establish and build relationships with the manufacturers within your portfolio
- Maintain performance metrics
- Work with various departments in cross functional projects
- Identify potential supply issues and work to mitigate supply disruption
- Provide vacation coverage for members of the Planning team
- Other duties as assigned to support the Planning department
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or College Diploma with a concentration in Operations
- 2+years of Purchasing/Production Planning experience preferably in Food Products
- 2+years of experience at a manufacturing facility is highly recommended
- Apics/CPIM Designation preferred
- Experience with physical and system inventory reconciliations
- Advanced competency in Microsoft Excel – will be tested
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, MS Access
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player
- Can organize and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Can perform well and deliver high-quality under deadlines
- Ability to problem-solve/troubleshoot operational issues
- Amazing communication, and interpersonal skills
VEGA “Must Haves”
- You have an unrelenting desire to achieve
- The outdoors isn’t just the place between your car and house
- You have a sense of humor and passion for health and wellness
- You love to have fun, but take your responsibilities seriously
- You live the Vega brand
Benefits of Working for Vega
- Competitive compensation plan
- Open Book Management
- Annual bonuses
- Alternative refreshment options that go beyond coffee
- On-site kitchen with in-house Vegan Chef offering plant-based food and snacks
- An optional plant-based lunch program
- In-house gym and meditation room
- Dogs in the office – Woof!
- Bi-Monthly product to try so that you can perform at your best and promote the Vegatopian lifestyle
- MSP – 100% coverage
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Extended Health Plan
- Parental Leave top-up
- Green Transit incentives
- Referral bonus program incentive
- Fitness Subsidy
- Education Fund
- Employer matching RRSP Program
Let your journey begin!
If you smiled and are motivated by this posting, we want to hear from you. Send your resume to email@example.com with “Production Planning Specialist” on the subject line and let your journey begin!
Vega is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer reasonable accommodations to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their time and interest in working at Vega, however, only candidates under consideration for opportunities with Vega will be contacted to participate further in this process. If you are contacted and you require any accommodation in the recruitment process due to a disability, please indicate this and we will work with you to meet your reasonable accessibility needs.