Vega is a high-growth, natural health food and supplement company on Profit Magazine’s Profit 100 list of fastest growing companies the last five years with a passion for people. Our premium, award-winning brand is at the forefront of the plant-based, whole food revolution. Vega has been named one of the Best Workplaces in Canada for six consecutive years and was recently awarded the #1 Best Workplace in Canada 2017. Vega has also been recognized as the #1 Best Workplace for Women in Canada for the third year in a row. We honor a triple bottom line approach to business placing emphasis on people, planet, and performance. Join a great team atmosphere with a driven, vivacious group of people.
Reporting to the Director of R&I, you will lead the packaging development and commercialization processes at Vega. You will contribute to the technical viability and competitiveness of our products through packaging innovation and management of our current packaging.
You take Research and Innovation seriously while having fun at work with the Vega team! You value integrity, you are an effective communicator, you take ownership, show initiative and leadership in everything you do and are performance driven. You not only love the culture but contribute to it.
At Vega the Product Develoment, Packaging role is responsible for the following:
- Lead packaging innovation initiatives through the development of innovative packaging format, material, and design
- Lead packaging development through collaboration with vendors, with the cross-functional project team at Vega, and with the broader Danone Organization
- Lead small scale packaging trials and plant trials
- Lead packaging specification development
- Participate in stability studies development to assess the impact of packaging on the stability of our products
- Lead packaging qualification to ensure the proposed packaging conforms to criteria established by the legal, marketing, QA, and regulatory departments
- Lead sustainability initiatives that relate to packaging
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum B.Sc. degree in Package Engineering/technology/Science or food science
- 5 years of experience in a relevant role in the food industry or the natural health product/dietary supplement industry
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Project, and Excel
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to work with and lead cross-functional teams
- Must be able to travel to the US on short notice
- Project Management skills with experience leading cross functional projects
VEGA Must Haves
- You have an unrelenting desire to achieve
- The outdoors isn’t just the place between your car and house
- You have a sense of humor and passion for health and wellness
- You love to have fun, but take your responsibilities seriously
- You live the Vega brand
Benefits of Working for VEGA
- Competitive compensation plan
- Open Book Management
- Annual Bonuses
- Alternative refreshment options that go beyond coffee
- On-site kitchen with in-house Vegan Chef offering plant-based food and snacks
- Optional plant-based lunch program
- In-house gym and meditation room
- Monthly product to try so that you can perform at your best and promote the Vegatopian lifestyle
- MSP – 100% coverage
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Flexible Extended Health/Dental Plan
- Green Transit incentives
- Fitness Subsidy
- Employer matching RRSP Program
- Education Fund
Let your journey begin!
If you smiled and are motivated by this posting, we want to hear from you. Send us your application at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Product Development, Packaging” on the subject line and let your journey begin!
Vega is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer reasonable accommodations to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their time and interest in working at Vega, however, only candidates under consideration for opportunities with Vega will be contacted to participate further in this process. If you are contacted and you require any accommodation in the recruitment process due to a disability, please indicate this and we will work with you to meet your reasonable accessibility needs.