Vega is a high-growth, natural health food and supplement company on Profit Magazine’s Profit 100 list of fastest growing companies the last five years with a passion for people. Our premium, award-winning brand is at the forefront of the plant-based, whole food revolution. Vega has been named one of the Best Workplaces in Canada and has been recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for Women. We honor a triple bottom line approach to business placing emphasis on people, planet and performance. Join a great team atmosphere with a driven, vivacious group of people.
An exciting and challenging position exists as a Procurement Specialist at Vega’s head office in Burnaby, BC. Reporting to the Procurement Manager, you will be responsible for working with suppliers on forecasting, purchasing, maintaining supply and managing inventory levels on all labels, packaging and some key ingredients. In this role, you will work with cross functional teams at Vega to track cost initiatives and resolve day to day supply challenges.
You take procurement seriously, but still have fun at work with your Vega team. You show initiative in everything you do and are always looking for ways to improve. You are open to new ideas, and you know that feedback from others helps you grow and allows you to thrive. As a performance-driven individual, you create solutions for your team and show up every day ready for a new adventure. You believe in contributing to culture – not just talking about it – and you live (and love) the Vega culture: health, fitness, and striving for always better.
- Maintain labels and packaging forecasts with consideration to production schedule, version controls and lead times
- Manage procurement of labels, packaging, and shipping materials to meet company production and distribution needs
- Reconcile inventory of packaging and ingredients from NetSuite to 3PL warehouses to ensure accuracy of physical inventories
- Monitor and help improve packaging vendor performance via scorecards
- Resolve supply issues with packaging and label suppliers, manufacturing and internal stakeholders to ensure continuous production
- Negotiate improved pricing for all labels and packaging items
- Communicate changes in pricing and/or suppliers related to any packaging and labels
- Reconcile invoicing errors and provide back-up documentation for accounts payable team
- Resolve any day to day issue with supply challenges between co-manufacturers and vendors
- Maintain and enhance positive working relationships with suppliers and fellow Vegatopians
- Responsible for working with cross-functional teams to meet production requirements
- Assume other responsibilities and perform other duties as they are assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- 2-4 Years purchasing experience (food industry and packaging preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business related concentration preferred
- Experience working with ERP software; NetSuite experience preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to use initiative and sound judgment in solving problems
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing priorities
- Can work in a fast-paced and high-growth environment
- Highly detail oriented
- You have an unrelenting desire to achieve
- The outdoors isn’t just the place between your car and house
- You have a sense of humor and passion for health and wellness
- You love to have fun, but take your responsibilities seriously
- You live the Vega brand
Benefits of Working for VEGA
- Competitive compensation plan
- Open Book Management
- Annual bonuses
- Alternative refreshment options that go beyond coffee
- On-site kitchen with in-house Vegan Chef offering plant-based food and snacks
- An optional plant-based lunch program
- In-house gym and meditation room
- Dogs in the office – Woof!
- Bi-Monthly product to try so that you can perform at your best and promote the Vegatopian lifestyle
- MSP – 100% coverage
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Extended Health Plan
- Parental Leave top-up
- Green Transit incentives
- Referral bonus program incentive
- Fitness Subsidy
- Education Fund
- Employer matching RRSP Program
Let your journey begin!
If you smiled and are motivated by this posting, we want to hear from you. Send your resume to email@example.com with “Procurement Specialist” on the subject line and let your journey begin!
Vega is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer reasonable accommodations to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their time and interest in working at Vega, however, only candidates under consideration for opportunities with Vega will be contacted to participate further in this process. If you are contacted and you require any accommodation in the recruitment process due to a disability, please indicate this and we will work with you to meet your reasonable accessibility needs.