Vega is a high-growth, natural health food and supplement company on Profit Magazine’s Profit 100 list of fastest growing companies in the last five years with a passion for people. Our premium, award-winning brand is at the forefront of the plant-based, whole food revolution. Vega has been named one of the Best Workplaces in Canada for six consecutive years and was recently awarded the #1 Best Workplace in Canada 2017. Vega has also been recognized as the #1 Best Workplace for Women in Canada for the third year in a row. We honor a triple bottom line approach to business placing emphasis on people, planet, and performance. Join a great team atmosphere with a driven, vivacious group of people.
Vega is currently looking for a National Sales Manager reporting to the Director of Sales-US FDM. This position is responsible for developing and implementing sales strategies and achieving quarterly/yearly sales targets in the Vitamin, Sport & Drug Channel. In addition, this position will manage and mentor 3 direct reports (Strategic Account Manager— Sport , Strategic Account Manager- Drug & Key Account Manager- Vitamin). In total, the customer base will span the Sport , Drug (CVS, Walgreens), and Specialty Channels (GNC, Vitamin Shoppe).
You take customer service and sales seriously, but have fun at work with the Vega team! You value integrity, customer service; you take ownership and show initiative in everything you do and are performance driven. You not only love the culture, but contribute to it. Health and fitness is not something you read about, but something you live.
- Lead and develop strategic partnerships and sales across all managed channels
- Lead team of 3 Strategic Account Managers/Key Account Managers to meet or exceed company targets and assist them in supporting their retailers through world-class customer service, strategic business planning, teamwork and relationship building
- Responsible for budgeting & forecasting across the team and customers
- Develop and implement sales KPI’s and other sales metrics; provide summaries to Director of Sales—US FDM
- Maintain direct line of communication and collaboration with Vega internal cross-functional teams—including Trade Marketing, Brand Marketing, Finance, and Supply Chain/Operations
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of 3 years of previous experience in Sales Management with direct reports
- University or College Degree in Business, Marketing, or Nutrition or equivalent experience
- Experience working directly with US Food, Drug, Mass Customers—at least one or 2 of the channels at a minimum
- Owning and driving strategic plans at the Customer headquarter level
- Proven track record of driving positive sales results, cross-functional leadership & collaboration, and customer development
- True Team Player
- Strong Negotiator & Motivator
- Excellent coaching, interpersonal and communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Experienced in developing budgets
- Exceptional Microsoft Office (Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) knowledge
- You have an unrelenting desire to achieve
- The outdoors isn’t just the place between your car and house
- You have a sense of humor and passion for health and wellness
- You love to have fun, but take your responsibilities seriously
- You live the Vega brand
Benefits of Working for VEGA
- Competitive compensation plan
- Open Book Management
- Annual Bonuses
- Alternative refreshment options that go beyond coffee
- On-site kitchen with in-house Vegan Chef offering plant-based food and snacks
- An optional plant-based lunch program
- In-house gym and meditation room
- Bi-Monthly product to try so that you can perform at your best and promote the Vegatopian lifestyle
- MSP – 100% coverage
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Flexible Extended Health/Dental Plan
- Green Transit incentives
- Fitness Subsidy
- Employer matching RRSP Program
- Education Fund
Let your journey begin!
If you smiled and are motivated by this posting, we want to hear from you. Send us your application at email@example.com with “National Sales Manager” on the subject line and let your journey begin!
Vega is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer reasonable accommodations to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their time and interest in working at Vega, however, only candidates under consideration for opportunities with Vega will be contacted to participate further in this process. If you are contacted and you require any accommodation in the recruitment process due to a disability, please indicate this and we will work with you to meet your reasonable accessibility needs.