Vega is a high-growth, natural health food and supplement company on Profit Magazine’s Profit 100 list of fastest growing companies in the last five years with a passion for people. Our premium, award-winning brand is at the forefront of the plant-based, whole food revolution. Vega has been named one of the Best Workplaces in Canada for six consecutive years and was recently awarded the #1 Best Workplace in Canada 2017. Vega has also been recognized as the #1 Best Workplace for Women in Canada for the third year in a row. We honor a triple bottom line approach to business placing emphasis on people, planet, and performance. Join a great team atmosphere with a driven, vivacious group of people.
You are a talented finance professional with a track record of driving results and optimizing profitability. You strive for continuous improvement through better systems, processes and talent development. You will lead all aspects of the sales planning process. You will establish yourself as a strong leader by mentoring and challenging your team, building cross functional partnerships with the Sales team, and supporting the demand planning process.
You will roll up your sleeves and use your analytical skillset to understand the complexities and limitations of the company’s current reporting environment, and work proactively to enhance the accuracy, integrity and availability of data to support good decision making. You understand the differences in customer and channel demands between Natural, FDM and Online. You will leverage your deep understanding of the business to provide value-adding insights to the company’s sales and trade financing strategy. Prior experience in Consumer Packaged Goods will be considered a significant plus.
- Own the monthly rolling sales forecast that supports both external reporting to the Parent and internal demand planning for operations to effectively manage the supply chain.
- Work in close partnership with the sales team to optimize the trade investment across customers and products
- Work with the marketing team to ensure that consumption metrics from various sources, including Point of Sale (POS) data and external providers such as SPINS and Nielsen, are properly considered and incorporated in the sales forecasting process.
- Enhance profitability of the business through customer and product profitability analysis, establishing appropriate KPIs and performance dashboards, and introducing ways to measure the ROI of customer and marketing investments.
- Provide insight to management related to key performance drivers in order to impact decision making ability.
- Lead the optimization of the systems that support the sales forecasting and trade management processes.
- Provide ad-hoc support to Executive Team on strategic and stakeholder management initiatives.
- Mentorship and coaching of four team members. Propose a roadmap to optimize team talent, function and structure.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Have high attention to detail while still being able to see the “big picture”
- Retail and CPG experience
- Degree in Business or Accounting
- Possess Accounting designation
- 2 years’ experience management experience in similar role
- Data warehouse knowledge –sql server an asset
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- You have an unrelenting desire to achieve
- The outdoors isn’t just the place between your car and house
- You have a sense of humor and passion for health and wellness
- You love to have fun, but take your responsibilities seriously
- You live the Vega brand
Benefits of Working for VEGA
- Competitive compensation plan
- Open Book Management
- Annual Bonuses
- Alternative refreshment options that go beyond coffee
- On-site kitchen with in-house Vegan Chef offering plant-based food and snacks
- An optional plant-based lunch program
- In-house gym and meditation room
- Bi-Monthly product to try so that you can perform at your best and promote the Vegatopian lifestyle
- MSP – 100% coverage
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Flexible Extended Health/Dental Plan
- Green Transit incentives
- Fitness Subsidy
- Employer matching RRSP Program
- Education Fund
Let your journey begin!
If you smiled and are motivated by this posting, we want to hear from you. Send us your application at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Manager, Sales Planning & Analysis” on the subject line and let your journey begin!
Vega is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer reasonable accommodations to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their time and interest in working at Vega, however, only candidates under consideration for opportunities with Vega will be contacted to participate further in this process. If you are contacted and you require any accommodation in the recruitment process due to a disability, please indicate this and we will work with you to meet your reasonable accessibility needs.