Vega is a high-growth, natural health food and supplement company on Profit Magazine’s Profit 100 list of fastest growing companies in the last five years with a passion for people. Our premium, award-winning brand is at the forefront of the plant-based, whole food revolution. Vega has been named one of the Best Workplaces in Canada for six consecutive years and was recently awarded the #1 Best Workplace in Canada 2017. Vega has also been recognized as the #1 Best Workplace for Women in Canada for the third year in a row. We honor a triple bottom line approach to business placing emphasis on people, planet, and performance. Join a great team atmosphere with a driven, vivacious group of people.
The Key Accounts Manager (KAM) Vitamin Channel who will be reporting to the National Sales Manager will be accountable for consistently achieving sales objectives and ensuring these sales are profitable and within the guidelines of Vega, defined sales and marketing practices. The position is responsible for the development, management and growth of the key retailers in the Vitamin Channel based on the company growth and expansion strategy; delivering growth targets through merchandising goals, marketing campaigns, promotions, and new product placement. The KAM will ensure continued establishment of outstanding customer relationships at our strategic retail customers that produce faster speed to market opportunities and improve the quality of support we receive in our programming and planning.
You take customer service and sales seriously, but have fun at work with the Vega team! You value integrity, customer service; you take ownership and show initiative in everything you do and are performance driven. You not only love the culture, but contribute to it. Health and fitness is not something you read about, but something you live.
Key Account Development
- Develop and execute overall growth strategy for each key account
- Sales objectives/Budget Management – meet or exceed assigned account budgets for both revenue and trade spend
- Promotional activity – create and implement promotions based on ROI, case studies and POS data
- Forecasting – provide Operations team monthly update to sales forecast and projections by product family
- Product Penetrations/Merchandising – ensure listings are maximized in assigned account/accounts and work towards premium placement; present new items – minimize out-of-stocks and manage appropriate replenishment requirements with retailers
- Pricing – work with accounts to ensure pricing supports maximum sell through while maintaining brand integrity; ensure all accounts comply with Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) policy
- Work closely with Trade Marketing partner to design unique programs for the specific account
- Ongoing research of the accounts, competitors, category and channel in order to be seen as the category leader
- Attend trade shows as required
- Prepare and participate in weekly one-on-one meetings with the National Sales Manager
- Complete all administrative duties in a timely fashion and work within specified budget
- Manage business and responsibilities within company policies
- Participate in, or lead special projects as required
Skills and Qualifications
- A minimum of (3) years of field sales and/or sales account management experience
- Experience working with key/strategic accounts within the natural products channel is preferred (e.g. National accounts, chains, online retailers)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Business preferred. Equivalent experience will be considered
- Nutrition Degree or Certification an asset
- Proven track record of sales success and territory management
- Demonstrated strategic thinking, creativity, ability to solve problems, team work and getting work done through others is required.
- Consultative selling, negotiation and presentation skills are critical
- Possess a valid Driver’s License
- Computer skills – proficient in Word Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook is required
- Written communication – Ability to consistently, effectively and professionally communicate in writing and directly with all others involved with the responsibilities of the job.
- You have an unrelenting desire to achieve
- The outdoors isn’t just the place between your car and house
- You have a sense of humor and passion for health and wellness
- You love to have fun, but take your responsibilities seriously
- You live the Vega brand
Benefits of Working for VEGA
- Competitive compensation plan
- Open Book Management
- Annual Bonuses
- Alternative refreshment options that go beyond coffee
- On-site kitchen with in-house Vegan Chef offering plant-based food and snacks
- An optional plant-based lunch program
- In-house gym and meditation room
- Bi-Monthly product to try so that you can perform at your best and promote the Vegatopian lifestyle
- MSP – 100% coverage
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Flexible Extended Health/Dental Plan
- Green Transit incentives
- Fitness Subsidy
- Employer matching RRSP Program
- Education Fund
Let your journey begin!
If you smiled and are motivated by this posting, we want to hear from you. Send us your application at email@example.com with “KAM – Vitamin Channel” on the subject line and let your journey begin!
Vega is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer reasonable accommodations to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their time and interest in working at Vega, however, only candidates under consideration for opportunities with Vega will be contacted to participate further in this process. If you are contacted and you require any accommodation in the recruitment process due to a disability, please indicate this and we will work with you to meet your reasonable accessibility needs.