Vega is a premium, award-winning brand at the forefront of the plant-based, whole food revolution. We are committed to bringing sustainable plant-based nutrition to the world and we’re proud to be part of the B Corp™ movement; a commitment to meeting rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. Vega has been named one of the Best Workplaces in Canada and has been recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for Women. We honor a triple bottom line approach to business placing emphasis on people, planet and performance. Join a great team atmosphere with a driven, vivacious group of people.
An exciting and challenging position exists as an Inside Sales Representative at Vega’s head office in Burnaby, BC. Reporting to the National Channel Manager – Natural & Vitamin, you will be responsible for managing and growing Vega’s medium retail accounts across Canada. In addition to this, you will play a key role in developing eCommerce capabilities with the cross functional teams to better service new customers. Day to day, you will manage your list of accounts, work closely with Strategic Account Managers to help support their business and execute growth strategies for your key accounts. As an Inside Sales Representative, you take pride in being part of Vega’s Sales Team and manage a large piece of business. You have the ability to build strong relationships with the retailers you manage, and pride yourself on providing world-class customer service.
- Build and maintain an active sales territory effectively increasing sales and product placement
- Develop Vega’s eCommerce capabilities to better service customers
- Deliver customer service and drive sales through inbound and outbound call support
- Develop Tier 1 Account strategies and make recommendations to increase sales within all accounts
- Deliver quarterly/yearly Business Reviews to key stakeholders
- Own your business by delivering monthly Forecasts, promo plans and Trade Investment strategy with your top strategic accounts
- Analyze POS data to identify areas of opportunities and gaps
- Work with Head Office buyers and franchise stores to educate and grow sales within your designated territory
- Creatively utilize Trade Investment to maximize ROI
- Meet or exceed sales goals and targets
- Resolve problems with a high level of customer service, focusing on customer satisfaction
- Provide product education to retailers
- Find creative ways to merchandise Vega within each account
Skills and Qualifications
- 2-3 years of previous experience in a strategic sales or inside sales role
- University or College Degree in Business, Sales or Marketing or equivalent experience
- Proven ability to meet and exceed sales targets
- Experience managing and working with various retailers at the Head Office level
- Experience in forecast development, promotional planning and trade strategies an asset
- A relentless passion and drive to deliver world class customer service
- Knowledge of and experience working with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Solutions oriented, analytical, and creative in finding solutions to complex problems
- Experience working with BI reporting tools and ERP systems such as Tableau and NetSuite
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Fully bi-lingual in French and English is an asset
Benefits of Working for Vega
- Vega product to try so that you can perform at your best and promote the Vegatopian lifestyle
- Contract Completion Bonus
- Extended Health Plan
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Summer hours (June to September)
- Paid time off
- Referral bonus program incentive
- Fitness Subsidy
- Paid volunteer days
- Virtual daily fitness classes
- Dogs in the office (virtually on video calls) – Woof!
Let Your Journey Begin!
If you smiled and are motivated by this posting, we want to hear from you. Send your resume to email@example.com with “Inside Sales Representative” on the subject line and tell us why you’d be a great add for our Sales Team. Let your journey begin!
Vega is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer reasonable accommodations to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their time and interest in working at Vega, however, only candidates under consideration for opportunities with Vega will be contacted to participate further in this process. If you are contacted and you require any accommodation in the recruitment process due to a disability, please indicate this and we will work with you to meet your reasonable accessibility needs.