Vega is a premium, award-winning brand at the forefront of the plant-based, whole food revolution. We are committed to bringing sustainable plant-based nutrition to the world and we’re proud to be part of the B Corp™ movement; a commitment to meeting rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. Vega has been named one of the Best Workplaces in Canada and has been recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for Women. We honor a triple bottom line approach to business placing emphasis on people, planet and performance. Join a great team atmosphere with a driven, vivacious group of people.
An exciting and challenging position exists as a Finance Analyst at Vega. Reporting to the Finance Manager, Innovation & Marketing, you will be responsible for providing financial and analytical support to fulfill forecasting, planning and reporting requirements.
During the exceptional circumstances due to COVID-19, we are currently working virtually while our office remains open for access.
Forecasting and Reporting
- Lead SG&A forecasting and monthly variance commentary
- Utilize trade planning system and integrate into financial planning processes
- Support trade actualization activities during month-end close
- Prepare daily sales dashboard to SLT
- Perform monthly analysis and identify key monthly margin drivers as well as identifying necessary re-class or accrual required
- Calculate commissions payments
- Prepare supporting analysis and coordinate management decks as required
- Lead quarterly forecast update and budget reviews with Finance, HR, IT, R&I and QA
- Support product innovations by coordinating with cross-functional teams to access financial viability
Corporate Reporting and Analysis
- Supports design and maintenance of product dashboards and related automated reports to monitor financial performance by product, channel, or key customer
- Responsible for financial modeling in a variety of areas needed to support financial needs, business requests and to drive improvements to profitability across the product portfolio
- Develops business intelligence tools and reports as required
- Builds detailed, clear models and presentations as requested
- Ability to data mine and manipulate data to transform it for analytical use, providing recommendations from results to solve business issues
- Owner of planning system (Adaptive) for month-end and forecast cycles
- Reports into Finance Manager – Innovation & Marketing, and supporting Associate Finance Manager, Trade Finance.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field is required, CPA preferred
- Ideal candidate will have 1-3 years of progressive financial analysis experience
- Experience in CPG setting an asset
- Strong experience in financial analysis and reporting
- Experience forecasting financial results
- Advanced proficiency with MS Excel and financial modeling and strong MS PowerPoint skills
- Knowledge of Financial Reporting tools and optimization software preferred (Netsuite, Adaptive, Tableau)
- Strong understanding of accounting principles
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with all departments and management levels within the company, and external stakeholders
- Ability to recognize opportunities to simplify processes and create efficiencies
- Results-oriented and committed to delivering high-quality work
- High intellectual curiosity and passion for continuous learning
Benefits of Working for Vega
- Annual performance bonus
- Vega product to try so that you can perform at your best and promote the Vegatopian lifestyle
- Extended Health Plan
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Summer hours (June to September)
- Group RRSP Matching program
- Flexible, unlimited time off
- Referral bonus program incentive
- Fitness Subsidy
- Education fund
- Paid volunteer days
- Virtual daily fitness classes
- Dogs in the office (virtually on video calls) – Woof!
Let Your Journey Begin!
If you smiled and are motivated by this posting, we want to hear from you. Send your resume to Recruitment (adp.com) and tell us why you’d be a great addition to our Finance Team. Let your journey begin!
Vega is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer reasonable accommodations to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their time and interest in working at Vega, however, only candidates under consideration for opportunities with Vega will be contacted to participate further in this process. If you are contacted and you require any accommodation in the recruitment process due to a disability, please indicate this and we will work with you to meet your reasonable accessibility needs.