Vega is a premium, award-winning brand at the forefront of the plant-based, whole food revolution. We are committed to bringing sustainable plant-based nutrition to the world and we’re proud to be part of the B Corp™ movement; a commitment to meeting rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. Vega has been named one of the Best Workplaces in Canada and has been recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for Women. We honor a triple bottom line approach to business placing emphasis on people, planet and performance. Join a great team atmosphere with a driven, vivacious group of people.
An exciting and challenging position exists as an Omnichannel Account Manager. Reporting to the Head of eCommerce, the Omnichannel Account Manager will assist in growing the online presence of Vega’s traditional bricks & mortar retailers in US and Canada. Day to day, you will collaborate with internal stakeholders as well as external Accounts and Category Managers to determine and implement best in class ecommerce fundamentals and create specific eCommerce strategies and the digital marketing tactics to achieve them. You will take initiative to improve Vega’s online presence by way of content, assortment, rating and reviews availability, and search results. You will ensure updating of trackers KPI’s and compile data for keyword research on top retailer websites.
You will also be the secondary point of contact for all Delivery Network accounts including Instacart and Cornershop. Growth in these critical accounts requires media planning & buying expertise. This multifaceted role touches on every area of the business from eCommerce, strategy, marketing, and advertising to operations, sales, and support. While you will be working closely with fellow Vegatopians in our Burnaby BC head office, this position can be based anywhere in North America.
- Assist in growing the online portion of our traditionally bricks & mortar retailers in US and Canada (e.g. Walmart.com, Target.com, Costco.com, PC Express) by providing and actioning recommendations alongside Vega’s Strategic Account Managers
- Operate as the single point of contact within Vega’s newly developed eCommerce Center of Excellence
- Develop content scorecards and perform site audits on our top retailers’ websites to rate Vega’s performance and build retailer-specific action plans
- Meet with Vega accounts and category managers to determine and implement best in class ecommerce fundamentals
- Identify Vega gaps against the eCommerce fundamentals and take initiative to improve Vega’s presence online by way of best-in-class content, assortment, rating and reviews availability, and search results
- Build and manage Vega’s eContent database through which you will service our top customers by providing updated images, video, and copy on these sites. Assets will be generated by our in-house creative team with input from you
- Manage the briefing to our in-house creative team for all relevant content creation (e.g. product titles, keywords, descriptions, images, videos).
- Organize all content to optimize distribution and champion the identification and sourcing of new systems (e.g. Syndication Content Systems) with support from IT
- Compile data for keyword research on top retailer websites; share and implement learnings across customer teams internally and customers externally.
- Ensure updating of trackers KPI’s (e.g. sales, ROI, new customers, traffic, conversion, rankings, ROAS)
- Update and disseminate weekly, monthly, and yearly digital performance reports on our top accounts
- Research and make recommendations on other marketing opportunities and promotions (e.g. email, banners, sampling, subscriptions)
- Assist in managing delivery networks such as Instacart and Cornershop
- Lead the strategy, management and execution for paid search, paid social and display
- Collaborate with other brands on cross-promotional activities and other marketing initiatives
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders such as Digital Marketing, Sales Planning & Strategy, Account Managers, the eCommerce team, and Marketing to identify and action opportunities while operating within suggested pricing guidelines
- Assist in forecasting and budgets
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing, data sciences, or related field is preferred
- 3+ years of experience in the eCommerce space ideally growing the online presence for traditional bricks & mortar retailers in US and Canada (I.e., Walmart.com, Target.com, Costco.com, PC Express)
- Ability to identify gaps against the eCommerce fundamentals to improve presence online by way of best-in-class content, assortment, rating and reviews availability, and search results
- Knowledge of Digital Marketing is preferred (PPC, email, social, paid media, programmatic, SEO, SEM)
- Experience supporting the creation of product pages and content (images, copy, video) to enhance online presence across all retailer websites in collaboration with the sales team
- Proven ability and desire to manage multiple requests, projects and initiatives
- Focused and organized with the ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced operational environment
- A strong team-player who is passionate about helping and supporting internal cross-functional teams and external customers and partners
- Proactive self-starter with an entrepreneurial mind-set
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work within a PST and EST time zone
VEGA “Must Haves”
- You have an unrelenting desire to achieve
- The outdoors isn’t just the place between your car and house
- You have a sense of humor and passion for health and wellness
- You love to have fun, but take your responsibilities seriously
- You live the Vega brand
Benefits of Working for Vega
- Competitive compensation plan
- Annual performance bonus
- Vega product to try so that you can perform at your best and promote the Vegatopian lifestyle
- Extended Health Plan
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Summer hours (June to September)
- Group RRSP Matching program
- Flexible, unlimited time off
- Referral bonus program incentive
- Fitness Subsidy
- Education fund
- Paid volunteer days
- Virtual daily fitness classes
- Access to Vega’s Online Learning Library
- Dogs in the office (virtually on video calls) – Woof!
- On-site kitchen with in-house Vegan Chef offering plant-based food and snacks*
- Green Transit incentives*
- Alternative refreshment options that go beyond coffee*
Let Your Journey Begin!
If you smiled and are motivated by this posting, we want to hear from you. Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “eCommerce Omnichannel Account Manager” on the subject line and tell us why you’d be a great add for our eCommerce team. Let your journey begin!
Vega is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer reasonable accommodations to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their time and interest in working at Vega, however, only candidates under consideration for opportunities with Vega will be contacted to participate further in this process. If you are contacted and you require any accommodation in the recruitment process due to a disability, please indicate this and we will work with you to meet your reasonable accessibility needs.