Vega is a premium, award-winning brand at the forefront of the plant-based, whole food revolution. We are committed to bringing sustainable plant-based nutrition to the world and we’re proud to be part of the B Corp™ movement; a commitment to meeting rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. Vega has been named one of the Best Workplaces in Canada and has been recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for Women. We honor a triple bottom line approach to business placing emphasis on people, planet and performance. Join a great team atmosphere with a driven, vivacious group of people.
An exciting and challenging position exists as a Digital Marketing Specialist supporting the Direct to Consumer channel at Vega. You will report to the Manager, Direct to Consumer eCommerce. This position will be responsible for aiding the performance of Vega’s websites in the US and Canada: Myvega.com and Myvega.ca. The candidate needs to be enthusiastic about continually learning in this quickly evolving space. You will be able to work on many facets of digital marketing and put them together efficiently to drive results. This includes email marketing, affiliate programs, SEO, SEM, A/B testing and Web Merchandising.
You take digital marketing seriously, but still have fun at work with your Vega team. You show initiative in everything you do and are always looking for ways to improve. You are open to new ideas, and you know that feedback from others helps you grow and allows you to thrive. As a performance-driven individual, you create solutions for your team and show up every day ready for a new adventure. You believe in contributing to culture – not just talking about it – and you live (and love) the Vega culture: health, fitness, and striving for always better.
- Manage email marketing including creative, strategy, consumer engagement, retention
- Manage referral/affiliate programs to meet DTC objectives
- Manage membership and subscription programs
- Facilitate paid media – budgeting, campaign development, execution, analysis
- SEO – optimize all web content and utilize other strategies to improve SEO
- Work collaboratively with other Marketing teams (Creative, social media, CX) to achieve DTC and business objectives
- Execute A/B testing on ads, social, email to optimize conversion
- Track, record and report performance metrics on a weekly and monthly basis
- Work with Logistics, IT regarding inventory needs, product setups, product ordering etc.
- Work with Legal/Finance on approvals for agencies, applications, etc
- Execute web merchandising and setting up promotions and products
- Research best in class digital marketing practices and raise opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in digital marketing
- High proficiency with Email marketing – Manage the design, scheduling, segmenting, and QA testing of weekly email blasts and email flows
- Strong SEO/SEM knowledge and experience
- Strong understanding of PPC – campaign planning, budgeting, execution, analysis
- Experience with Google Ads, Google Analytics, Shopify, social media platforms and management tools
- Strong time management skills, ability to multi-task, manage multiple campaigns at once, and prioritize in response to issues as they arise
- Highly collaborative and able to work effectively cross-functionally
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
VEGA “Must Haves”
- You have an unrelenting desire to achieve
- The outdoors isn’t just the place between your car and house
- You have a sense of humor and passion for health and wellness
- You love to have fun, but take your responsibilities seriously
- You live the Vega brand
Benefits of Working for Vega
- Competitive compensation plan
- Open Book Management
- Annual bonuses
- Alternative refreshment options that go beyond coffee
- On-site kitchen with in-house Vegan Chef offering plant-based food and snacks
- An optional plant-based lunch program
- In-house gym and meditation room
- Dogs in the office – Woof!
- Bi-Monthly product to try so that you can perform at your best and promote the Vegatopian lifestyle
- MSP – 100% coverage
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Extended Health Plan
- Parental Leave top-up
- Green Transit incentives
- Referral bonus program incentive
- Fitness Subsidy
- Education Fund
- Employer matching RRSP Program
Let your journey begin!
If you smiled and are motivated by this posting, we want to hear from you. Send your resume to email@example.com with “Digital Marketing Specialist” on the subject line and let your journey begin!
Vega is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer reasonable accommodations to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their time and interest in working at Vega, however, only candidates under consideration for opportunities with Vega will be contacted to participate further in this process. If you are contacted and you require any accommodation in the recruitment process due to a disability, please indicate this and we will work with you to meet your reasonable accessibility needs.