Vega is a premium, award-winning brand at the forefront of the plant-based, whole food revolution. We are committed to bringing sustainable plant-based nutrition to the world and we’re proud to be part of the B Corp™ movement; a commitment to meeting rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. Vega has been named one of the Best Workplaces in Canada and has been recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for Women. We honor a triple bottom line approach to business placing emphasis on people, planet and performance. Join a great team atmosphere with a driven, vivacious group of people.
An exciting and challenging position exists as a Digital Marketing Specialist supporting the Direct to Consumer channel at Vega. Reporting to the Manager, Direct to Consumer eCommerce, the DMS will be responsible for email marketing automation. Day to day, you will manage and execute email marketing (Klaviyo), affiliate programs, and web merchandising, and work collaboratively with cross-functional teams in Marketing, Logistics, Finance and IT. To be successful in this role, you must have expert-level email marketing automation skills, strong time-management skills, and a passion and understanding for digital marketing.
This position is located at Burnaby, BC. During the exceptional circumstances due to COVID-19, we are currently working virtually while our office remains open for access.
- Manage Email automation and SMS marketing including creative, strategy, engagement, and retention through Klaviyo
- Execute A/B testing on site and email content to optimize conversion
- Manage site merchandising and site promotions
- Manage referral, affiliate, and pro deal programs
- Report on email KPIs and metrics
- Advise on and implement new apps on our Shopify Plus platform
- Optimize web content and utilize other strategies to improve SEO
- Work collaboratively with other marketing teams (creative, social media, CX)
- Work with Logistics & IT regarding inventory needs, product setups, product ordering etc.
- Work with Legal/Finance on approvals for agencies and applications
- Research and implement best in class digital marketing practices
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in digital marketing
- High proficiency with email marketing – manage and execute on the design, scheduling, segmenting, and QA testing of weekly email blasts and email flows
- Klaviyo experience is an asset
- Advanced Excel knowledge and experience is an asset
- Strong understanding and experience in SEO/SEM
- Affiliate marketing management experience is an asset
- Strong time management skills, ability to multi-task, manage multiple campaigns at once, and prioritize in response to issues as they arise
- Highly collaborative with the ability to work effectively cross-functionally
- Passion for digital marketing and knowledge of the latest industry trends
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
VEGA “Must Haves”
- You have an unrelenting desire to achieve
- The outdoors isn’t just the place between your car and house
- You have a sense of humor and passion for health and wellness
- You love to have fun, but take your responsibilities seriously
- You live the Vega brand
Benefits of Working for Vega
- Competitive compensation plan
- Open Book Management
- Annual bonuses
- Bi-Monthly product to try so that you can perform at your best and promote the Vegatopian lifestyle
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Extended Health Plan
- Employer matching RRSP Program
- Flexible time off
- Parental Leave top-up
- Referral bonus program incentive
- Fitness Subsidy
- Education Fund
- Virtual daily fitness classes
- Access to Vega’s Online Learning Library
- Dogs in the office (virtually on video calls) – Woof!
- On-site kitchen with in-house Vegan Chef offering plant-based food and snacks*
- Green Transit incentives*
- Alternative refreshment options that go beyond coffee*
Let your journey begin!
If you smiled and are motivated by this posting, we want to hear from you. Send your resume to email@example.com with “Digital Marketing Specialist” on the subject line and let your journey begin!
Vega is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer reasonable accommodations to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their time and interest in working at Vega, however, only candidates under consideration for opportunities with Vega will be contacted to participate further in this process. If you are contacted and you require any accommodation in the recruitment process due to a disability, please indicate this and we will work with you to meet your reasonable accessibility needs.