Vega is a high-growth, natural health food and supplement company on Profit Magazine’s Profit 100 list of fastest growing companies the last five years with a passion for people. Our premium, award-winning brand is at the forefront of the plant-based, whole food revolution. Vega has been named one of the Best Workplaces in Canada and has been recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for Women. We honor a triple bottom line approach to business placing emphasis on people, planet and performance. Join a great team atmosphere with a driven, vivacious group of people.
An exciting and challenging position exists as a Design Manager at Vega’s head office in Burnaby, BC. Reporting to the Creative & Content Director, you will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day process of design, strategy and execution of projects of various scales and across a variety of media but with a focus on packaging.
You take design seriously, but still have fun at work with your Vega team. You show initiative in everything you do and are always looking for ways to improve. You are open to new ideas, and you know that feedback from others helps you grow and allows you to thrive. As a performance-driven individual, you create solutions for your team and show up every day ready for a new adventure. You believe in contributing to culture – not just talking about it – and you live (and love) the Vega culture: health, fitness, and striving for always better.
- Lead strategic & creative thinking at every touch point driving alignment of brand standards and industry best practices across Vega’s content and market activations.
- Lead best-in-class creative solutions / art direction for owned social, & integrated marketing campaign executions.
- Support creative team through mentorship and overflow support.
Skills and Qualifications
- SMART, NICE & UNSTOPPABLE
- 5-7 years of experience in a creative designer role (i.e. ad agency, design or in-house studio)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- World-class concept development and design execution
- Ability to multitask among a high-volume of projects and responsibilities under tight deadlines
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
VEGA “Must Haves”
- You have an unrelenting desire to achieve
- Ability to operate in an environment of ambiguity.
- The outdoors isn’t just the place between your car and house
- You have a sense of humor and passion for health and wellness
- You love to have fun, but take your responsibilities seriously
- You live the Vega brand
Benefits of Working for Vega
- Competitive compensation plan
- Open Book Management
- Alternative refreshment options that go beyond coffee
- On-site kitchen with in-house Vegan Chef offering plant-based food and snacks
- An optional plant-based lunch program
- In-house gym and meditation room
- Dogs in the office – Woof!
- Bi-Monthly product to try so that you can perform at your best and promote the Vegatopian lifestyle
- MSP – 100% coverage
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Extended Health Plan
- Green Transit incentives
- Referral bonus program incentive
- Fitness Subsidy
- Education Fund
Let your journey begin!
If you smiled and are motivated by this posting, we want to hear from you. Send your resume to email@example.com with “Design Manager” on the subject line and let your journey begin!
Vega is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer reasonable accommodations to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their time and interest in working at Vega, however, only candidates under consideration for opportunities with Vega will be contacted to participate further in this process. If you are contacted and you require any accommodation in the recruitment process due to a disability, please indicate this and we will work with you to meet your reasonable accessibility needs.