Vega is a high-growth, natural health food and supplement company on Profit Magazine’s Profit 100 list of fastest growing companies in the last five years with a passion for people. Our premium, award-winning brand is at the forefront of the plant-based, whole food revolution. Vega has been named one of the Best Workplaces in Canada for six consecutive years and was recently awarded the #1 Best Workplace in Canada 2017. Vega has also been recognized as the #1 Best Workplace for Women in Canada for the third year in a row. We honor a triple bottom line approach to business placing emphasis on people, planet, and performance. Join a great team atmosphere with a driven, vivacious group of people.
The Certification Compliance Specialist is a 20 month maternity leave contract. This role contributes to the innovation pipeline by leading the certification of new products and supporting the product development team in selecting ingredients in compliance to the certifications targeted for a given product. Uphold the competitiveness of the products in the Vega portfolio by maintaining certifications and proposing new certifications relevant to Vega consumers.
You not only love our culture but contribute to it.
- Certify new products to USDA/COR organic, Non-GMO Project, Vegan Action, NSF Sport, UTZ cocoa and RSPO standards where applicable.
- Maintain and update documentation annually to maintain certifications on existing products.
- Support formulators in sourcing ingredients in accordance to product certifications.
- Obtain and review documentation from ingredient suppliers to qualify ingredients for use in finished products in accordance with product certifications & product specifications.
- Identify and build a path to certification plan for new certifications relevant to the marketplace and the sustainability objectives of the company.
- Assist in the implementation and maintenance of product development SOPs.
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in a relevant regulatory, QA or R&D role where obtaining certification on new products was part of the responsibilities.
- Minimum B.Sc. degree or diploma in food science or related field.
- Familiar with the USDA & COR organic standard & the Non-GMO project standard.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Energetic with positive, fun-loving nature
- Team player with the ability and willingness to accept and provide feedback
- Ability to work both in cross functional teams and independently
- Understands change and enjoys a dynamic environment
- You have an unrelenting desire to achieve
- The outdoors isn’t just the place between your car and house
- You have a sense of humor and passion for health and wellness
- You love to have fun, but take your responsibilities seriously
- You live the Vega brand
Benefits of Working for VEGA
- Competitive compensation plan
- Open Book Management
- Alternative refreshment options that go beyond coffee
- On-site kitchen with in-house Vegan Chef offering plant-based food and snacks
- An optional plant-based lunch program
- In-house gym and meditation room
- Bi-Monthly product to try so that you can perform at your best and promote the Vegatopian lifestyle
- MSP – 100% coverage
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Flexible Extended Health
- Green Transit incentives
- Fitness Subsidy
- RRSP Program
- Education Fund
Let your journey begin!
If you smiled and are motivated by this posting, we want to hear from you. Send us your application at email@example.com with “Certification Compliance Specialist – Contract” on the subject line and let your journey begin!
Vega is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer reasonable accommodations to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their time and interest in working at Vega, however, only candidates under consideration for opportunities with Vega will be contacted to participate further in this process. If you are contacted and you require any accommodation in the recruitment process due to a disability, please indicate this and we will work with you to meet your reasonable accessibility needs.