Vega is a high-growth, natural health food and supplement company on Profit Magazine’s Profit 100 list of fastest growing companies the last five years with a passion for people. Our premium, award-winning brand is at the forefront of the plant-based, whole food revolution. Vega has been named one of the Best Workplaces in Canada and has been recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for Women. We honor a triple bottom line approach to business placing emphasis on people, planet and performance. Join a great team atmosphere with a driven, vivacious group of people.
An exciting and challenging position exists as a Category Manager at Vega’s head office in Burnaby, BC or remotely in Denver, CO. Reporting to the Sr. Manager of Category Insights, you will be responsible for helping drive category management capabilities at Vega through data and analytics for the Natural Channel. In this role, you will utilize point of sales data, syndicated data, HH panel data, custom research, and software tools to formulate category insights. You will help key Natural Channel customers with assortment, shelving, pricing and promotion for the category and Vega Brand to maximum growth. The ideal candidate will have 4-6 years of Category Management experience and will have strong analytical and strategic problem solving skills.
You have a passion for analytics and take customer service seriously, but still have fun at work with your Vega team. You show initiative in everything you do and are always looking for ways to improve. You are open to new ideas, and you know that feedback from others helps you grow and allows you to thrive. As a performance-driven individual, you create solutions for your team and show up every day ready for a new adventure. You believe in contributing to culture – not just talking about it – and you live (and love) the Vega culture: health, fitness, and striving for always better.
- Develop and build strong relationships with key retailer Buying, Planning, Category, and POG Planning groups. Focus will be on support for key retail customers in the US and Canada
- Working with the Sales Teams as well as future Category Captains assigned to retailers, supporting Category Management initiatives with Headquarter support
- Lead data analysis supporting Category Advisorship, including retailer performance analysis and various ad hoc customer requests (share, assortment, OSA, promotion, etc.)
- Develop customized customer reporting, tools, and insights to support joint initiatives utilizing standard management measures and systems (Spins, Tableau, ProSpace, Retail Link, IRI/Nielsen, etc.)
- Drive thought leadership through shopper insights platform development leveraging available resources and proposed custom research
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors in Business or Marketing, or equivalent preferred
- 4-6 years of CPG category management/sales practices and principles experience.
- Sales Experience – Customer Business Manager (preferred)
- Strong technical skills and knowledge of data and software commonly used in category management (e.g. : Excel, JDA, Apollo, Nielsen, IRI, Spectra, SPINS, Tableau)
- Ability to extract meaningful insights from data sources that influence customer execution
- Demonstrated analytical and strategic problem solving abilities
- Ability to create a complete category management review including relevant data and actionable recommendations
- Proven communication skills to effectively present ideas and influence decisions
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Travel ~20%
- Denver, CO based is preference, but other major US locations considered for the right candidate
- You have an unrelenting desire to achieve
- The outdoors isn’t just the place between your car and house
- You have a sense of humor and passion for health and wellness
- You love to have fun, but take your responsibilities seriously
- You live the Vega brand
Benefits of Working for VEGA
- Competitive compensation plan
- Annual Bonuses
- Open Book Management
- Bi-Monthly product to try so that you can perform at your best and promote the Vegatopian lifestyle
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Extended Health Plan – Vega 401K
- Flexible time off
- Referral bonus program incentive
- Parental leave top-up
- Fitness Subsidy
- Education Fund
- Paid Community Service Day
Let your journey begin!
If you smiled and are motivated by this posting, we want to hear from you. Send your digital portfolio and resume to email@example.com with “Category Manager” on the subject line and let your journey begin!
Vega is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer reasonable accommodations to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their time and interest in working at Vega, however, only candidates under consideration for opportunities with Vega will be contacted to participate further in this process. If you are contacted and you require any accommodation in the recruitment process due to a disability, please indicate this and we will work with you to meet your reasonable accessibility needs.