Vega is a high-growth, natural health food and supplement company on Profit Magazine’s Profit 100 list of fastest growing companies the last five years with a passion for people. Our premium, award-winning brand is at the forefront of the plant-based, whole food revolution. Vega has been named one of the Best Workplaces in Canada and has been recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for Women. We honor a triple bottom line approach to business placing emphasis on people, planet and performance. Join a great team atmosphere with a driven, vivacious group of people.
An exciting and challenging position exists as a Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst at Vega’s head office in Burnaby, BC. In this role, you will be responsible for ongoing corporate reporting across several data sources. Reporting includes measuring and monitoring our brands and relevant competitors’ performance through in-depth analysis of large amounts of data using a data warehouse, syndicated databases and reporting tools. As part of the BI team, the analyst will work cross-functionally with Sales, Marketing, and Finance to assist with forecasting, promotional assessment, and preparation of presentations for multiple uses. The BI Analyst will provide support to senior leadership on projects such as pricing, customer presentations, market trends, & promotional analysis.
You take customer service seriously, but still have fun at work with your Vega team. You show initiative in everything you do and are always looking for ways to improve. You are open to new ideas, and you know that feedback from others helps you grow and allows you to thrive. As a performance-driven individual, you create solutions for your team and show up every day ready for a new adventure. You believe in contributing to culture – not just talking about it – and you live (and love) the Vega culture: health, fitness, and striving for always better.
- Be the expert in syndicated and point-of-sale (POS) sales data for Vega (IRI, SPINS, Nielsen, Stackline, RetailLink)
- Timely and accurate pulling of ongoing corporate reporting data, manipulation via Excel, and publishing of reports
- Analyze, with high accuracy, large datasets in order to report on trends in both Vega and our competitors’ products
- Work with the sales, marketing, and finance teams to assist on promotion assessments, customer performance, and recommendations
- Work with IT to make improvements in our data warehouse and develop reports and dashboards in Tableau that will highlight trends and provide visualizations to be used by senior management as well as customer facing presentations
- Assist in creating monthly presentations specific to market trends and customer performance
- Educate the marketing, sales, and finance teams on customer and market trends through monthly presentations
- May be required to assist in other areas not specifically outlined in this job description
Skills and Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree preferred
- 2-3 years of CPG or Category Management experience will be considered a strong asset
- Experience in data analysis & marketing analytics
- Experience working with syndicated POS data is preferred (IRI, SPINS, Nielsen, Stackline and RetailLink)
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint knowledge a must
- Experience with reporting tools, Tableau experience a strong asset
- Ability to effectively communicate complex ideas to internal stakeholders across sales, marketing, and finance
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strategic thinking skills
- Detail oriented, highly organized, and able to work independently
- You have an unrelenting desire to achieve
- The outdoors isn’t just the place between your car and house
- You have a sense of humor and passion for health and wellness
- You love to have fun, but take your responsibilities seriously
- You live the Vega brand
Benefits of Working for VEGA
- Competitive compensation plan
- Open Book Management
- Annual Bonuses
- Alternative refreshment options that go beyond coffee
- On-site kitchen with in-house Vegan Chef offering plant-based food and snacks
- An optional plant-based lunch program
- In-house gym and meditation room
- Dogs in the office – Woof!
- Bi-Monthly product to try so that you can perform at your best and promote the Vegatopian lifestyle
- MSP – 100% coverage
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Flexible Extended Health/Dental Plan
- Green Transit incentives
- Referral bonus program incentive
- Fitness Subsidy
- Employer matching RRSP Program
- Education Fund
Let your journey begin!
If you smiled and are motivated by this posting, we want to hear from you. Send us your application at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst” on the subject line and let your journey begin!
Vega is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer reasonable accommodations to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their time and interest in working at Vega, however, only candidates under consideration for opportunities with Vega will be contacted to participate further in this process. If you are contacted and you require any accommodation in the recruitment process due to a disability, please indicate this and we will work with you to meet your reasonable accessibility needs.