Vega is a high-growth, natural health food and supplement company on Profit Magazine’s Profit 100 list of fastest growing companies in the last five years with a passion for people. Our premium, award-winning brand is at the forefront of the plant-based, whole food revolution. Vega has been named one of the Best Workplaces in Canada for six consecutive years and was recently awarded the #1 Best Workplace in Canada 2017. Vega has also been recognized as the #1 Best Workplace for Women in Canada for the third year in a row. We honor a triple bottom line approach to business placing emphasis on people, planet, and performance. Join a great team atmosphere with a driven, vivacious group of people.
Vega has an exciting opportunity for a seasoned Business Analyst who can bring their prior experience as the lead on Supply Chain or Finance process streamline/ automation projects. With many projects in our pipeline, we are looking for a someone who can take an idea, build a plan and manage the plan through to a successful handoff to the business. This position is part of a small IT team; you can expect that there will be times you will need to assist with production support.
To be successful in this role, deliverables that may be expected to be provided are:
- Collaborate with the business to define and document the current and to-be business processes and identify gaps that need to be addressed
- Work with the business to define and prioritize requirements
- Provide recommendations for process improvements
- Define and manage project charters, project plans, test scripts and test plans
- Manage stakeholder communication
- Work with the technical team to determine development and/ or integration effort required and create and maintain specifications
- Conduct and/ or coordinate functional testing efforts
- Coordinate user accepted testing
- Work with the business to develop standard operating procedures
- Work with functional business leaders on cleaning and improving data quality
- Facilitate or coordinate training and related documentation
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- College/University Degree in Business, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- CBAP and/ or PMP designation considered an asset
- Ability to work independently and with multiple teams
- Strong collaborator, communicator and business partner
- Ability to work in a fast paced, demanding, and fluid environment
- Experience working in the CPG or manufacturing industry is a nice to have
- You have an unrelenting desire to achieve
- The outdoors isn’t just the place between your car and house
- You have a sense of humor and passion for health and wellness
- You love to have fun, but take your responsibilities seriously
- You live the Vega brand
Benefits of Working for VEGA
- Competitive compensation plan
- Open Book Management
- Alternative refreshment options that go beyond coffee
- On-site kitchen with in-house Vegan Chef offering plant-based food and snacks
- An optional plant-based lunch program
- In-house gym and meditation room
- Bi-Monthly product to try so that you can perform at your best and promote the Vegatopian lifestyle
- Flexible Extended Health
- Green Transit incentives
- Fitness Subsidy
- Education Fund
Let your journey begin!
If you smiled and are motivated by this posting, we want to hear from you. Send us your application at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Business Analyst” on the subject line and let your journey begin!
Vega is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer reasonable accommodations to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their time and interest in working at Vega, however, only candidates under consideration for opportunities with Vega will be contacted to participate further in this process. If you are contacted and you require any accommodation in the recruitment process due to a disability, please indicate this and we will work with you to meet your reasonable accessibility needs.