Vega is a premium, award-winning brand at the forefront of the plant-based, whole food revolution. We are committed to bringing sustainable plant-based nutrition to the world and we’re proud to be part of the B Corp™ movement; a commitment to meeting rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. Vega has been named one of the Best Workplaces in Canada and has been recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for Women. We honor a triple bottom line approach to business placing emphasis on people, planet and performance. Join a great team atmosphere with a driven, vivacious group of people.
An exciting and challenging position exists as a Brand Manager at Vega. Reporting to the Sr. Brand Manager, you will be responsible for planning and executing marketing plans to drive growth on the Sport Protein and Supplements segment of our Vega portfolio in US & Canada.
In this role, you will develop and execute marketing plans, analyzing consumer and market insights, drive portfolio renovation and innovation, lead marketing communication plans, and managing the portfolio P&L. You will work cross-functionally with multiple teams including Sales Strategy, Category Management, Media, Shopper Marketing, Creative, Finance, R&D, Scientific & Regulatory Affairs, PMO, and Operations.
This position is located at Vega’s HQ in Burnaby, BC. During the exceptional circumstances due to COVID-19, we are currently working virtually while our office remains open for access.
- Analyze data, consumer research, and market trends to identify consumer and business insights and provide recommendations for business improvements
- Develop, present, and implement annual marketing plans and regular business reviews
- Champion innovation and renovation projects on the portfolio and work cross-functionally with various cross-functional departments to bring projects to life
- Brief and lead marketing campaigns and packaging renovations with internal media and creative team, and work with legal and regulatory for approvals
- Be an advocate for your portfolio and continuously drive growth & the P&L
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Marketing, and/or Communications
- 4 – 5 years of experience in Brand Management with a CPG company is required
- Experience building marketing plans; outlining the strategy to grow your business or product, and partnering with key stakeholders to develop the tactics
- Experience working on communication and innovation processes with cross-functional teams
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking– you like to dig into the data and can synthesize it to pull apart the “so what,” and create an actionable recommendation
- Strong written, presentation and verbal communication skills with strong persuasion– you can command a room, make your point (even when it isn’t popular
- Comfortable communicating across and up/down the organization to all levels
- Proven track record in balancing and multitasking between multiple immediate and long-term priorities
- Detail oriented with the ability to analyze large sets of data using Nielsen, Spins and IRI, experience with consumption data an asset
- You are performance and results-driven and can take on a high level of responsibility and work in a fast-paced, highly competitive environment
- You are comfortable problem solving and tackling a new problem or situation without all the information, established processes, or prescriptive guidance
- You are an enthusiastic, engaging and proven leader
- You are a natural leader with the ability to lead and project manage cross functional teams to bring your vision to life
VEGA “Must Haves”
- You have an unrelenting desire to achieve
- The outdoors isn’t just the place between your car and house
- You have a sense of humor and passion for health and wellness
- You love to have fun, but take your responsibilities seriously
- You live the Vega brand
Benefits of Working for Vega
- Competitive compensation plan
- Annual performance bonus
- Vega product to try so that you can perform at your best and promote the Vegatopian lifestyle
- Extended Health Plan
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Summer hours (June to September)
- Group RRSP Matching program
- Flexible, unlimited time off
- Referral bonus program incentive
- Fitness Subsidy
- Education fund
- Paid volunteer days
- Virtual fitness classes
- Access to Vega’s Online Learning Library
- Dogs in the office (virtually on video calls) – Woof!
- Green Transit incentives*
Let Your Journey Begin!
If you smiled and are motivated by this posting, we want to hear from you. Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Brand Manager” on the subject line and let us know why you’d like to be Vega’s next Product Developer. Let your journey begin!
Vega is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer reasonable accommodations to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their time and interest in working at Vega, however, only candidates under consideration for opportunities with Vega will be contacted to participate further in this process. If you are contacted and you require any accommodation in the recruitment process due to a disability, please indicate this and we will work with you to meet your reasonable accessibility needs