Reporting to the Sr. Brand Manager, you will be responsible for planning and execution of business initiatives to drive growth on our Vega portfolio in North America.
Responsibilities include developing annual brand plans, market analysis, business optimization, and lead channel, format and product opportunities. This position works closely with all other departments in the company including Trade, R&D, Operations, Creative, Digital and Education.
You take Brand seriously while having fun at work with the Vega team. You value continuous improvement and are performance driven; you take ownership and show initiative in everything you do. You are passionate about Health & Wellness and thrive in an environment/industry that never stays still.
- Analyzes data to identify business issues and provides recommendations for business improvements
- Develops and presents annual brand plans and business reviews
- Works with various cross-functional departments on developing and executing brand strategy, programs and innovation
- Leverage market, trend and consumer research to identify new category, channel and product opportunities
- Utilizes internal creative team to develop packaging and works with legal and regulatory on claims approval
- Be an advocate for your portfolio and continuously drive the business forward.
Skills & Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree in Business, ideally Marketing or general management focused
- At least 4 years of experience in CPG Brand Management, currently on first rotation as Brand Manager
- Strong analytical, planning and project management skills – you like to dig into the data and can synthesize it to pull apart the “so what,” create an action plan, and lead the crossfunctional team to execute it
- Experience building annual plans; outlining the strategy to grow your business or product and partnering with key stakeholders to develop the tactics
- You are performance and results-driven and can take on a high level of responsibility and work in a fast-paced, highly competitive environment
- Proven track record in balancing multiple immediate and long-term priorities
- Proven track record as a strategic thinker and can execute with excellence
- Strong written, presentation and verbal communication skills with a strong attention to detail – you can command a room, make your point (even when it isn’t popular) and high five when it’s all done
- You combine an entrepreneurial spirit with resourcefulness to figure out new tasks and challenges and are looking for an opportunity to share your knowledge
- You are comfortable tackling a new problem or situation without all the information, established processes, or prescriptive guidance
- You are an outgoing, enthusiastic, engaging and confident leader
VEGA “Must Haves”
- You have an unrelenting desire to achieve
- The outdoors isn’t just the place between your car and house
- You have a sense of humor and passion for health and wellness
- You love to have fun, but take your responsibilities seriously
- You live the Vega brand
Benefits of Working for Vega
- Competitive compensation plan
- Open Book Management
- Annual bonuses
- Alternative refreshment options that go beyond coffee
- On-site kitchen with in-house Vegan Chef offering plant-based food and snacks
- An optional plant-based lunch program
- In-house gym and meditation room
- Dogs in the office – Woof!
- Bi-Monthly product to try so that you can perform at your best and promote the Vegatopian lifestyle
- MSP – 100% coverage
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Extended Health Plan
- Parental Leave top-up
- Green Transit incentives
- Referral bonus program incentive
- Fitness Subsidy
- Education Fund
- Employer matching RRSP Program
Let your journey begin!
If you smiled and are motivated by this posting, we want to hear from you. Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Brand Manager” on the subject line and let your journey begin!
Vega is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer reasonable accommodations to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their time and interest in working at Vega, however, only candidates under consideration for opportunities with Vega will be contacted to participate further in this process. If you are contacted and you require any accommodation in the recruitment process due to a disability, please indicate this and we will work with you to meet your reasonable accessibility needs.