Vega is a high-growth, natural health food and supplement company on Profit Magazine’s Profit 100 list of fastest growing companies the last five years with a passion for people. Our premium, award-winning brand is at the forefront of the plant-based, whole food revolution. Vega has been named one of the Best Workplaces in Canada and has been recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for Women. We honor a triple bottom line approach to business placing emphasis on people, planet and performance. Join a great team atmosphere with a driven, vivacious group of people.
An exciting and challenging position for an Accounts Receivable Clerk at Vega’s head office in Burnaby, BC. In this role you will be responsible for deductions pertaining to trade. You will work closely with the relevant stakeholders to ensure all deductions are processed by following our DOA and in a timely manner. You will also be required to support AR & Finance with Ad Hoc requests as required.
You have a passion for Accounts Receivable and take customer service seriously, but still have fun at work with your Vega team. You show initiative in everything you do and are always looking for ways to improve. You are open to new ideas, and you know that feedback from others helps you grow and allows you to thrive. As a performance-driven individual, you create solutions for your team and show up every day ready for a new adventure. You believe in contributing to culture – not just talking about it – and you live (and love) the Vega culture: health, fitness, and striving for always better.
- Demonstrate knowledge of credit policies, processes, and procedures.
- Maintain SOP’s for audit purposes. Follow the correct processes and procedures.
- Process high volume credit requests; Debits Notes / Invoices / Refunds into Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system within specified timelines.
- Take responsibility for project deadlines, collaborate with various departments to ensure deductions are coded appropriately and timely
- Support the success of finance through key periods of change by having an infectious, positive and can-do attitude
- Support process improvement, by collaborating with various departments and executing ideas with a strong understanding of lateral impacts
- Ability to review transactions /deductions and support resolving problems using the correct accounting processes and procedures.
- Work with Account Managers and Collectors to acquire approval for credits/deductions
- Investigate requests and acquire approvals from appropriate personnel
- Asses and determine the documentation required to comply with controls while processing credits into ERP. Request support documentation/back-up as required.
- Support reconciliation of all customer accounts; proactively collaborates with AR team members to ensure Credits tied to Deductions are issued in a timely manner.
- Provide coverage and support other finance functions in the event of an unexpected increase in transactional volume or as needed by management.
Skills and Qualifications
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Understanding of basic accounting principles
- Experience working in a high volume data entry environment
- Pleasant and professional phone manner
- Highly organized with an eye for detail and accuracy
- Exceptional time management skills and thrives working under pressure
- Ability to adapt to new ideas and constant changes
- Self-motivated team player
- MS Office (Excel knowledge: vlookups, pivot tables)
- Intermediate knowledge of ERP systems (NetSuite knowledge is an asset)
- You have an unrelenting desire to achieve
- The outdoors isn’t just the place between your car and house
- You have a sense of humor and passion for health and wellness
- You love to have fun, but take your responsibilities seriously
- You live the Vega brand
Benefits of Working for VEGA
- Competitive compensation plan
- Open Book Management
- Annual bonuses
- Alternative refreshment options that go beyond coffee
- On-site kitchen with in-house Vegan Chef offering plant-based food and snacks
- An optional plant-based lunch program
- In-house gym and meditation room
- Dogs in the office – Woof!
- Bi-Monthly product to try so that you can perform at your best and promote the Vegatopian lifestyle
- MSP – 100% coverage
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Extended Health Plan
- Parental Leave top-up
- Green Transit incentives
- Referral bonus program incentive
- Fitness Subsidy
- Education Fund
- Employer matching RRSP Program
Let your journey begin!
If you smiled and are motivated by this posting, we want to hear from you. Send us your application at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Accounts Receivable Clerk” on the subject line and let your journey begin!
Vega is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer reasonable accommodations to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their time and interest in working at Vega, however, only candidates under consideration for opportunities with Vega will be contacted to participate further in this process. If you are contacted and you require any accommodation in the recruitment process due to a disability, please indicate this and we will work with you to meet your reasonable accessibility needs.