Vega is a premium, award-winning brand at the forefront of the plant-based, whole food revolution. We are committed to bringing sustainable plant-based nutrition to the world and we’re proud to be part of the B Corp™ movement; a commitment to meeting rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. Vega has been named one of the Best Workplaces in Canada and has been recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for Women. We honor a triple bottom line approach to business placing emphasis on people, planet and performance. Join a great team atmosphere with a driven, vivacious group of people.
An exciting and challenging position exists as an Accounts Payable Clerk at Vega in Burnaby, BC. Reporting to the Accounting Manager, this role will be responsible for high volume (500-600 invoices per month) Accounts Payable processing for Vega’s Canadian and US entities. Day to day, you will be responsible for entering invoices, charging expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports, scheduling and preparing cheques, EFT/ACH payments and resolving purchase orders, contracts, invoices, and/or payment discrepancies. You will also ensure credit is received for outstanding memos and initiate stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
This position is based out of Vancouver BC, Canada. During the exceptional circumstances due to COVID-19, we are currently working virtually while our office remains open for access.
- Ensures appropriate approvals on invoices as per the delegation of authority
- Enters invoices (30-40 per day); charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports
- Reconciles processed invoices by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifies federal ID numbers; schedules and prepares cheques; prepares EFT and ACH bill payments; resolves purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies; ensures credit is received for outstanding memos; initiates stop-payments or purchase order amendments
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions
- Prepares month end accruals
- Maintains historical records; files documents
- Prepares monthly commissions
- Assists with intercompany payments, balance sheet reconciliations, and other ad-hoc projects as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- University or College Diploma in Accounting or equivalent experience
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience with full-cycle Accounts Payable
- Experience in high volume Accounts Payable processing (500-600 invoices/ month) is required
- Experience resolving purchase orders and contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies
- Experience reconciling monthly statements, balance sheets and related transactions
- Proven and accurate data entry skills
- Must have knowledge and experience with Microsoft Excel (will be assessed)
- Experience with NetSuite and Concur is an asset
- Able to work cross-functionally with a diverse group of internal and external individuals
- An effective communicator with an ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to multi-task with a strong attention to detail
- Willingness to learn and improve skills as required
- Proactive self-starter who is a natural leader and team player
- Strong sense of urgency for deadline drive tasks and for period end duties
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
VEGA “Must Haves”
- You have an unrelenting desire to achieve
- The outdoors isn’t just the place between your car and house
- You have a sense of humor and passion for health and wellness
- You love to have fun, but take your responsibilities seriously
- You live the Vega brand
Benefits of Working for Vega
- Competitive compensation plan
- Annual bonuses
- Vega product to try so that you can perform at your best and promote the Vegatopian lifestyle
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Extended Health Plan
- Employer matching RRSP Program
- Flexible unlimited time off
- Parental Leave top-up
- Referral bonus program incentive
- Fitness Subsidy
- Education Fund
- Virtual daily fitness classes
- Access to Vega’s Online Learning Library
- Dogs in the office (virtually on video calls) – Woof!
Let your journey begin!
If you smiled and are motivated by this posting, we want to hear from you. Send your resume to email@example.com with “Accounts Payable Clerk” on the subject line and let your journey begin!
Vega is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer reasonable accommodations to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their time and interest in working at Vega, however, only candidates under consideration for opportunities with Vega will be contacted to participate further in this process. If you are contacted and you require any accommodation in the recruitment process due to a disability, please indicate this and we will work with you to meet your reasonable accessibility needs.