Vega is a premium, award-winning brand at the forefront of the plant-based, whole food revolution. We are committed to bringing sustainable plant-based nutrition to the world and we’re proud to be part of the B Corp™ movement; a commitment to meeting rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. Vega has been named one of the Best Workplaces in Canada and has been recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for Women. We honor a triple bottom line approach to business placing emphasis on people, planet and performance. Join a great team atmosphere with a driven, vivacious group of people.
An exciting and challenging position exists as an Accounts Receivable Manager at Vega’s head office in Burnaby, BC. Reporting to the Director of Finance, this role will act as a hands-on leader and will provide support and assistance to the Director of Finance in the overall management of the Accounts Receivable team. You will also work closely to ensure that accurate and timely financial information is provided as required.
This position is located at Vega’s HQ in Burnaby, BC. During the exceptional circumstances due to COVID-19, we are currently working virtually while our office remains open for access.
- Lead an aggressive and focused effort to resolve customer issues using collection and deduction resolution techniques to improve free cash flow and working capital
- Manage the integrity of systems through monitoring of daily reporting and processes, including reconciling as required
- Develop an organization that is focused on value added activities, maintaining a high level of productivity, integrity and trust thereby positioned to respond to the needs of a growing Vega and our customers
- Deliver best in class service to internal and external partners; Anticipate and implement organizational changes to support key Vega initiatives and respond to changes in market, technology and our customer’s
- Provide hands-on leadership and partner with sales, finance, supply chain and other key internal partners to resolve issues and improve processes for efficiency
- Assist to ensure Business Control Compliance for credit risk and invoice to cash functions as required. May work closely with internal control to provide information to ensure controls are in place and compliance is maintained
- Perform regular leadership duties, ensure financial goals and objectives are consistently met; coach and mentor team members and consistently strive to raise the bar
Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years of progressive experience in a Senior Accounts Receivable position within the consumer product goods (CPG) industry
- Experience leading and managing a high performing team
- Experience in resolving customer issues using collection and deduction resolution techniques
- Proven ability to meet and exceed financial goals
- Knowledge and understanding of KPIs metrics
- Experience working in collaboration with large customers such as Target, Costco, Amazon
- Prior finance and deduction management experience is required
- Ability to use data to tell engaging stories
- Previous exposure and experience working alongside multiple cross-functional teams including both Sales and Internal Control is required
- Experience and desire to interact and communicate with all levels in a matrix organization
- Experience working with ERP systems. NetSuite experience is an asset
- Working knowledge of credit to cash bolt-on software preferred
- Deep understanding of Excel and all Microsoft Applications
- Must possess strong analytical, organizational, presentation skills
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
- Proactive nature with the ability to implement change as required
- Desire and ability to work on a variety of projects and initiatives as required
VEGA “Must Haves”
- You have an unrelenting desire to achieve
- The outdoors isn’t just the place between your car and house
- You have a sense of humor and passion for health and wellness
- You love to have fun, but take your responsibilities seriously
- You live the Vega brand
Benefits of Working for Vega
- Competitive compensation plan
- Performance bonus
- Vega product to try so that you can perform at your best and promote the Vegatopian lifestyle
- Extended Health Plan
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Summer hours (June to September)
- Group RRSP Matching program
- Flexible, unlimited time off
- Referral bonus program incentive
- Fitness Subsidy
- Education fund
- Paid volunteer days
- Virtual daily fitness classes
- Access to Vega’s Online Learning Library
- Dogs in the office (virtually on video calls) – Woof!
- On-site kitchen with in-house Vegan Chef offering plant-based food and snacks*
- Green Transit incentives*
- Alternative refreshment options that go beyond coffee*
Let Your Journey Begin!
If you smiled and are motivated by this posting, we want to hear from you. Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Accounts Receivable Manager” on the subject line and let your journey begin!
Vega is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer reasonable accommodations to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their time and interest in working at Vega, however, only candidates under consideration for opportunities with Vega will be contacted to participate further in this process. If you are contacted and you require any accommodation in the recruitment process due to a disability, please indicate this and we will work with you to meet your reasonable accessibility needs.