Vega is a premium, award-winning brand at the forefront of the plant-based, whole food revolution. We are committed to bringing sustainable plant-based nutrition to the world and we’re proud to be part of the B Corp™ movement; a commitment to meeting rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. Vega has been named one of the Best Workplaces in Canada and has been recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for Women. We honor a triple bottom line approach to business placing emphasis on people, planet and performance. Join a great team atmosphere with a driven, vivacious group of people.
An exciting and challenging contract position exists as an Accounting & Payroll Coordinator at Vega. Reporting to the Accounting Manager, you will assist the Senior Accountants to achieve Finance departmental goals in the areas of accounting and payroll. You will be responsible for performing day to day payroll and accounting administrative duties and will produce timely, accurate and reliable financial information for various stakeholders within Vega and our parent company, Danone. The ideal candidate will have a relentless passion for the Vega brand along with 2 years of payroll and accounting administrative experience. We are seeking solutions-oriented individuals who are innovative in their approach and have an entrepreneurial mind-set.
This position is located at Vega’s HQ in Burnaby, BC. During the exceptional circumstances due to COVID-19, we are currently working virtually while our office remains open for access.
- Perform payroll administration including bi-weekly in Canada and US
- Prepare payroll related reconciliations and journal entries
- Prepare quarterly Workers Compensation reporting in BC and Ontario
- Calculate and report monthly Employer Health Tax in BC
- Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing data
- Contribute to ongoing process improvement in all aspects of payroll
- Coordinate with Danone payroll team to ensure accurate coding of Dayforce journals
- Perform bank recs, month end working papers, reconciliations and journal entries
- Provide monthly variance analysis, including payroll, banks and accounts payable
- Review and examine expenses to find cost savings opportunities
- Daily maintenance of Concur expense software
- Audit employee expense reports
- Monitor various finance support inboxes
- Prepare and remit Canadian sales tax
- Review and resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities
- Analyze financial information and provide reports
- Other Ad Hoc projects as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- University or College Diploma in Accounting or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2 years of progressive Accounting and Payroll administration experience
- Experience using Concur software a strong asset
- Excellent analytical and communication skills, both oral and written
- Proven and accurate data entry skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Innovative problem-solving skills with an entrepreneurial, flexible mind-set
- Detail oriented and highly organized with the ability work independently or in a high performing team
- Self-starter with the desire and ability to respond quickly and accurately on multiple priorities
- Ability to solve problems with cross functional teams
VEGA “Must Haves”
- You have an unrelenting desire to achieve
- The outdoors isn’t just the place between your car and house
- You have a sense of humor and passion for health and wellness
- You love to have fun, but take your responsibilities seriously
- You live the Vega brand
Benefits of Working for Vega
- Competitive compensation plan
- Contract completion bonus
- Vega product to try so that you can perform at your best and promote the Vegatopian lifestyle
- Extended Health Plan
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Flexible time off
- Referral bonus program incentive
- Fitness Subsidy
- Virtual daily fitness classes
- Access to Vega’s Online Learning Library
- Dogs in the office (virtually on video calls) – Woof!
- On-site kitchen with in-house Vegan Chef offering plant-based food and snacks*
- Green Transit incentives*
- Alternative refreshment options that go beyond coffee*
Let your journey begin!
If you smiled and are motivated by this posting, we want to hear from you. Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Accounting & Payroll Coordinator” on the subject line and let your journey begin!
Vega is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer reasonable accommodations to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their time and interest in working at Vega, however, only candidates under consideration for opportunities with Vega will be contacted to participate further in this process. If you are contacted and you require any accommodation in the recruitment process due to a disability, please indicate this and we will work with you to meet your reasonable accessibility needs.