Vega is a high-growth, natural health food and supplement company on Profit Magazine’s Profit 100 list of fastest growing companies the last five years with a passion for people. Our premium, award-winning brand is at the forefront of the plant-based, whole food revolution. Vega has been named one of the Best Workplaces in Canada and has been recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for Women. We honor a triple bottom line approach to business placing emphasis on people, planet and performance. Join a great team atmosphere with a driven, vivacious group of people.
An exciting and challenging position exists as an Account Manager, eCommerce at Vega’s head office in Burnaby, BC. Reporting to the Director, eCommerce, this role will be responsible for managing online accounts in the US and Canada. The successful candidate will create sales and marketing plans to optimize revenue and will work cross-functionally with the Digital Marketing, Operations, and Finance teams. This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic, high-growth business focused on growing our eCommerce business. This contract will be from May 2020 to May 2021.
You take Account Management and eCommerce seriously, but still have fun at work with your Vega team. You show initiative in everything you do and are always looking for ways to improve. You are open to new ideas, and you know that feedback from others helps you grow and allows you to thrive. As a performance-driven individual, you create solutions for your team and show up every day ready for a new adventure. You believe in contributing to culture – not just talking about it – and you live (and love) the Vega culture: health, fitness, and striving for always better.
- Plan and manage promotional and marketing activity, closely monitor plan performance and drive necessary changes to meet sales targets
- Manage tradespend effectively to meet Vega and customer joint goals
- Maintain and provide detailed reporting on monthly, quarterly and yearly forecasts
- Manage product assortment and continually improve digital shelf presence
- Manage relationships with online retail customers including regular calls/meetings and quarterly and annual business reviews
- Work with eCommerce Marketing Specialist on optimizing PDP content, product reviews and online merchandising plans
- Understand the competitive landscape, market share at your customers and drive strategies to win
Skills and Qualifications
- A minimum 3-5 years direct eCommerce sales/account management experience, Amazon is an asset
- Experience working with key/strategic accounts within the natural products channel is preferred
- Candidate must have a proven track record of driving a successful business through effective sales strategies, relationship management and negotiation skills
- Solid understanding of and experience with ecommerce
- Strong sense of ownership and entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience managing multi-faceted trade budgets
- Strong financial and data analysis skills; ability to compile and use data to support decisions
- Exceptional organization skills to manage multiple customers, project priorities and forecasts
- Demonstrated strategic thinking, creativity, problem-solving and teamwork; getting work done through others is required
- Computer skills – proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Experience with online advertising and digital site merchandising
- Solid understanding of current Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM) best practices and implementation
VEGA “Must Haves”
- You have an unrelenting desire to achieve
- The outdoors isn’t just the place between your car and house
- You have a sense of humor and passion for health and wellness
- You love to have fun, but take your responsibilities seriously
- You live the Vega brand
Benefits of Working for Vega
- Competitive compensation plan
- Open Book Management
- Alternative refreshment options that go beyond coffee
- On-site kitchen with in-house Vegan Chef offering plant-based food and snacks
- An optional plant-based lunch program
- In-house gym and meditation room
- Dogs in the office – Woof!
- Bi-Monthly product to try so that you can perform at your best and promote the Vegatopian lifestyle
- MSP – 100% coverage
- Extended Health Plan
- Green Transit incentives
- Referral bonus program incentive
- Fitness Subsidy
- Education Fund
Let your journey begin!
If you smiled and are motivated by this posting, we want to hear from you. Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Account Manager, eCommerce” on the subject line and let your journey begin!
Vega is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer reasonable accommodations to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their time and interest in working at Vega, however, only candidates under consideration for opportunities with Vega will be contacted to participate further in this process. If you are contacted and you require any accommodation in the recruitment process due to a disability, please indicate this and we will work with you to meet your reasonable accessibility needs.