Vega is a high-growth, natural health food and supplement company on Profit Magazine’s Profit 100 list of fastest growing companies the last five years with a passion for people. Our premium, award-winning brand is at the forefront of the plant-based, whole food revolution. Vega has been named one of the Best Workplaces in Canada and has been recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for Women. We honor a triple bottom line approach to business placing emphasis on people, planet and performance. Join a great team atmosphere with a driven, vivacious group of people.
An exciting and challenging position exists as an Account Manager (18 month contract) within the GTA and surrounding regions. Reporting to the National Sales Manager, the Account Manager will focus on building relationships with and providing exceptional customer service to retailers and consumers. This contract will begin May 2020 and end November 2021.
Day to day, you will be responsible for developing and managing an efficient sales call schedule, while building strong relationships with assigned retailers and team members within your assigned territory. In this role, you will have the opportunity to identify educational and training opportunities within each retailer, as well, develop and manage merchandising strategies based on regional promo plans. You will also be responsible for managing trade programs and account promotion budgets and plans, and identifying cross-merchandising opportunities throughout the store with buyers, department managers and store leadership. The ideal candidate will be passionate about driving sales; will be proactive in their approach and an energetic self-starter.
You take customer service and sales seriously, but still have fun at work with your Vega team. You show initiative in everything you do and are always looking for ways to improve. You are open to new ideas, and you know that feedback from others helps you grow and allows you to thrive. As a performance-driven individual, you create solutions for your team and show up every day ready for a new adventure. You believe in contributing to culture – not just talking about it – and you live (and love) the Vega culture: health, fitness, and striving for always better.
This full-time position is responsible for retail accounts in and around Toronto, ON with occasional overnight travel. Reliable vehicle access is required.
Store Calls and Management:
- Create efficient sales call schedule
- Develop relationships with Department Manager, Buyer, Demo Coordinator, Store Leadership
- Familiarize yourself with the nutrition department/team, the store/team, the other departments, the store calendar, etc.
- Identify educational opportunities, conduct floor trainings when possible and appropriate, and make appointments with Department Managers for follow-up training
- Set up staff trainings where needed
- Secure orders during store visits
- Manage customer expectations regarding shipping lead times
Merchandising and Promotions:
- Communicate National and Regional promo plans to store level buyers and managers
- Develop and execute merchandising strategies with stores based on National and Regional promo plans
- Create promo and business plans, outlining activity to drive sales
- Schedule end-cap or off-shelf placement with stores in support of promotions and create suggested promo orders
- Manage account promotion budgets, promotional plans, and merchandising plans
- Ensure Vega products are 100% in stock at store level
- Secure prominent, eye-level shelf placement in each product category at store level
- Identify cross-merchandising opportunities throughout the store and work with buyers, department managers, and store leadership to implement placement throughout the store
- Talk with end consumers at store level to educate and assist stores in selling Vega products
- Ensure strong placement of POS materials at stores
- Manage your trade program to maximize your sales growth priorities and objectives
- Analyze trade investment reports to ensure efficient and effective use of trade dollars to maximize sales growth
- Schedule demos at top stores based on demand and support needs
Working with Internal Departments:
- Inform all departments of large promotions to reduce chance of out of stocks and work load backlog
- Ensure customer files are accurate and inform Retail Support Representative (RSR) of any changes
- Contact RSR regarding specific shipping requests or questions
- Create reports outlining sales promotion recaps and store performances
- Analyze reports to identify areas of opportunity and threats
- Advise Marketing Department of opportunities for promotions and threats from competition
- Participate in trade shows and special events
Skills and Qualifications
- University or College Degree in Business or Marketing or equivalent experience
- Experience in the Natural Health Food industry an asset
- 5+ years of previous experience in field sales an asset
- Exceptional Microsoft Office knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Comfort and skill in problem solving and resolving customer issues
- Highly detail oriented and organized
- Previous CRM use an asset
VEGA “Must Haves”
- You have an unrelenting desire to achieve
- The outdoors isn’t just the place between your car and house
- You have a sense of humor and passion for health and wellness
- You love to have fun, but take your responsibilities seriously
- You live the Vega brand
Benefits of Working for VEGA
- Competitive compensation plan
- Open Book Management
- Bi-Monthly product to try so that you can perform at your best and promote the Vegatopian lifestyle
- MSP – 100% coverage
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Extended Health Plan
- Referral bonus program incentive
- Fitness Subsidy
- Education Fund
Let your journey begin!
If you smiled and are motivated by this posting, we want to hear from you. Send us your application at email@example.com with “Account Manager (18 month contract)” on the subject line and let your journey begin!