Need an extra dose of motivation? To help amp up your playlist we asked Vegatopians for their favorite workout music as motivation for better runs. Whether training for their first 5K or staying pumped up on a 50K trail race, these beats carry Vegatopians.
Meet your Vegatopia mixtape makers:
Kate Dalton is our Customer Experience Supervisor and an avid runner who loves racing trails at the ultramarathon length. See if you can spot her running in these videos. Kim McDevitt is a Regional Educator and dietitian who can be found running around country, and teaching other runners how sports nutrition can fuel their better. Jonathon Ulco is an Account Manager in the Bay Area who loves all races—from half marathons to Ragnar Relay to Tough Mudder. Quality Assurance Coordinator Leanna Lo is known around the office for her great taste in music and joins the QA team for lunch time runs on the regular.
Push you up a hill:
- Kate: Grown Woman by Beyoncé
- Kim: Given to Fly by Pearl Jam
- Jonathon: Bat Country by Avenged Sevenfold
- Leanna: Midnight City by M83
Pump up race day:
- Kate: Some Nights by Fun
- Kim: Empire State of Mind by Alicia Keys ft. Jay-Z
- Jonathon: Eye of the Tiger By Survivor
- Leanna: Losing You by Solange
Hold the beat during a tempo run:
- Kate: Remember the Names by Fort Minor
- Kim: Up, Up and Away by Kid Cudi – My go-to song when energy starts to flag
- Jonathon: Fully Alive by Flyleaf
- Leanna: White Noise by Disclosure
Boost stamina on a long run:
- Kate: Free by Rudimental ft. Emeli Sande
- Kim: Lovely Day by Bill Withers – Just a feel-good song with a great groove that helps you appreciate the feeling of the pavement under your feet.
- Jonathon: Shake it Out by Florence and the Machines
- Leanna: Juicy by Notorious BIG
What songs keep you pumped up on YOUR runs?