Sometimes after a long day, a sweet treat really hits the spot. Instead of indulging in a nutrient-lacking snack, give these easy to make protein brownies a try. Beets and pumpkin form the base of this recipe and Vega Sport Performance Protein adds a protein boost, making these brownies significantly less guilt-inducing.
- 4 small beets (about 250g), cooked and peeled
- 1 can (420g) pumpkin purée
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp of coconut flour
- 3 scoops (87g) Vega Sport Performance Protein Chocolate flavor
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 320° F. Line a 13 inch x 9 inch cake pan with parchment paper.
- Chop beets. Purée beets with pumpkin and vanilla in a food processor.
- Add in coconut flour, Vega Performance Protein, cocoa powder and coconut sugar. Mix until well combined.
- Pour brownie mixture into pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean
More vegan brownie recipes