Our Key Lime Pie Smoothie is topped with a delicious coconut whipped cream to kick off the official arrival of Spring and the beginning of Earth Month. We whipped up this pie-meets-smoothie creation in celebration of all the bounty and freshness of Spring. This lime smoothie is not only fresh and tart, but the added coconut whipped cream makes it decadent too. This is a perfect smoothie to sit back with, enjoy the sunshine, and contemplate the warmer months ahead.
Handcrafted smoothie glass designed by Artist Ted Jolda of Circle Craft
Key Lime Pie Smoothie
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 serving Vega One Nutritional Shake French Vanilla or Protein Smoothie Viva Vanilla
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1 Tbsp key lime juice
- Zest of 1 key lime
- 1 Medjool date, pitted
- Crushed vegan, gluten-free gingersnaps or graham crackers
- Optional: Vegan coconut whipped topping (see below)
- Add all key lime pie smoothie ingredients to blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Top smoothie with coconut whipped cream and crushed gingersnaps or graham crackers.
Vegan Coconut Whipped Cream
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- Place unopened can in the fridge overnight
- Open (without shaking)
- Remove the top, thick layer of coconut milk and place in a bowl (reserve the liquid on the bottom for another recipe)
- Whip until creamy
Latest posts by Bridgette Leeson (see all)
- Bridgette’s Best: 6 Steps to the Perfect Staycation - February 26, 2015
- FAQ: Can I eat Vega products if I have diabetes? - February 12, 2015
- Apple Streusel Gluten-free Muffins - February 2, 2015