Chocolate Chip Vanilla “Milkshake”
June 19, 2013 Vega
In celebration of National Vanilla Milkshake Day, Miss Whisk of A Whisk and Two Wands has created a delicious “milkshake” using Vega One and So Delicious Almond Milk Frozen Desserts!
Chocolate Chip Vanilla Protein Milkshake:
Makes 2 servings
- 1c So Delicious Almond Milk Ice Cream
- 1c So Delicious Unsweetened Almond Milk Plus Protein (only 40 calories, and 5 grams protein per serving)
- 1 scoop Vega One French Vanilla
- 1 tsp pure vanilla or 1/2 vanilla bean (insides only, scraped)
- 2 packets Stevia In The Raw or sweetener of choice to taste
- ½ Vega Maca Bar
- Optional 1 tsp Mesquite powder (Mesquite will give it a “malty” flavor)
- 2c ice
- Coconut Milk Whipped Cream
- 1 can full fat coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
- 2TBSP powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
Refrigerate can of coconut milk overnight. Place beaters and glass or metal bowl in the refrigerator or freezer to chill to get best results. Open the can of coconut milk and scoop the top layer of white, solid coconut milk, and place in your chilled bowl. Save the remaining liquid for smoothies or baking. Beat the coconut milk with a hand mixer on high-speed for 15-20 seconds. Sift in the powdered sugar and mix until combined. Add the vanilla blend on high-speed for
1-2 minutes, until light and creamy. This whipped cream is best served immediately.
For more recipes and tips follow Miss Whisk on Twitter and Facebook!
- In a Vitamix or blender, blend milk and Vega One.
- Add ice cream, vanilla, sweetener, ½ Maca Bar, optional Mesquite, and ice and blend until smooth.
- Top with whipped coconut topping.