About Yasmin Gow
Growing up with two physical education teachers as parents, Yasmin has always led a pretty active life. She started practicing yoga at 12 years old and at around the same time she decided to be vegetarian. To this day, she is still eating plant-based, and has been teaching yoga for over a decade.
As mostly an ashtanga/vinyasa instructor, Yasmin has also studied therapeutic and Iyengar yoga, and is trained as an Ayurvedic Practitioner, instructing NHL hockey players as well as Olympic athletes over the years. In addition, she leads an innovative yoga teacher training and mentors other yoga teachers to reach great heights.
Yasmin is also a writer, activist, and the creator of a top selling yoga DVD series, title Yoga Basics. In 2010, Yasmin became the first woman to break the Guinness World Record for the longest yoga marathon (32 hours), raising more than $15,000 for charity.
“I am so thankful to have discovered Vega. I often say Vega is like its own food group in my house. Most of my snacks and meals have something ‘Vegic’ about them. Instead of coffee, I make a tea out with the Vega Sport Pre-Workout Energizer and have it before my morning practice. I like to follow practice with the Recovery Accelerator, or a blended smoothie with Vega One. The other Vega essential I frequently use is the Antioxidant Omega Oil Blend.”
- Guinness World Records™ Record Holder (Longest Yoga Marathon)
- Yoga Alliance E-RYT 500 Accreditation
- Ayurvedic Practitioner, accredited with the National Association of Naturopaths
- Producer of five acclaimed yoga DVDs
- Member of the International Association of Yoga Therapist
- Founder of yoga studio, Om West Holistic Centre (2007-2012)
- Bachelor of Arts – Journalism & Communications, Concordia University
Connect With Yasmin
- Facebook | YasminYoga (http://www.facebook.com/yasminyoga)
- Twitter | @YasminYoga (https://twitter.com/YasminYoga)
- Instagram: @YasminYoga
- Website | YasminYoga.com (http://www.yasminyoga.com/)
- YouTube | Yasmin Yoga (http://www.youtube.com/user/yasminyoga)
- Get to know Yasmin’s Yoga Style. (http://en.yasminyoga.com/services/yoga-classes/)
Discover Yasmin’s tip to beginners, from her DVD trailer for “Yoga Basics 1: Breath & Alignment.”