About Dwayne de Rosario
Dwayne de Rosario is definitely Major League Soccer’s breakout star with countless career achievements since beginning his career in 1997. Before landing on D.C. United as their attacking midfielder, De Ro – as he’s affectionately called – triumphed through the league suiting up for Toronto FC and the New York Red Bulls in the same year. De Ro received the 2011 Budweiser Golden Boot with 16 League goals and the 2011 Canadian Male Soccer Player of the Year Award for the fourth time, which is Canada’s top soccer honour.
De Ro’s skill and determination to become the greatest player to ever play the game pushes him to work harder and harder every day. He credits his healthy lifestyle (rest, nutrition and exercise) for the longevity of his athletic career. Dwayne currently plays for both DC United and the Canadian National Team.
“I live a healthy lifestyle because I feel it is my responsibility to look after my body and treat it with the utmost respect… At my age, people wonder how I continue to do it, and I tell them that much of that credit goes to my diet and whole-food, plant-based products like Vega, which provides me with the energy for training, the proper nutrients to sustain me through workouts, games, and day-to-day activities.”
- 2006-2012 MLS All-Star
- 2012 Washington, DC Sport Person of the Year
- 2012 Canada’s All Time Leading Scorer
- 2012 100 MLS Career Goals Achieved
- 2012 MLS All-Star Team Captain
- 2011 MLS Golden Boot: 16 Goals, 12 Assists
- 2011 Record for Fastest Hat-Trick in MLS History( Sept.24/11)
- 2011 Volkswagen Most Valuable Player, Fans’ Choice, Goal of the Year