About Aaron Spears
Considered by many to be one of the most passionate yet humble musicians of today, Aaron Spears is now the subject of major attention on the world music circuit. His style is one born from those that inspired him, the likes of Joel Smith, Teddy Campbell, Travis Barker, Gerald Heyward, Dave Weckl, Dennis Chambers, Papa Jo Jones, Jabo Starks and Stewart Copeland amongst others. Aaron is the quintessential R&B drummer, and his “in the pocket” style of playing and authentic delivery is unparalleled in the world of drummers today.
If that is not enough, Aaron is also a GRAMMY NOMINATED Music Producer, being nominated in 2004 for his work on the USHER album “Confessions”. In 2006, Aaron was recognized as the #1 up and coming drummer by MODERN DRUMMER MAGAZINE. Aaron’s long list of touring and recording credits include: Gideon Band, Chrisette Michelle, Chamilionaire, David Cook, Joanne Rosario, Lil Wayne, Carrie Underwood, Usher, Jordin Sparks, Chaka Khan, Adam Lambert, Israel Houghton, The Backstreet Boys and most recently, Mary Mary.
“I know this is going to sound very repetitive but this is the greatest product on the market. I honestly have never been into fitness until one of the guys on tour introduced me to the benefits of Vega and its supplements. Thanks to Vega, working out and changing my eating habits, I lost 70 pounds. I’m still on my journey to get where I should be but I will not hit the gym or the stage without my Vega.”
- Recorded his first live session with Gideon Band.
- Landed his first major touring gig with Usher.
- Contributed to Confessions album along with the F.R.O. (Funk Rock Orchestra)
- Performed at the Modern Drummer Festival and received the award for #1 Up and Coming Drummer
- Recorded drums for Chaka Khan’s album “Funk This”
- Made cover of Modern Drummer Magazine
- Formed the Rhythm Alliance with Marvin McQuitty, Gerald Heyward, Teddy Campbell, Gorden Campbell, and Nisan Stewart
- Recorded his first instructional drum dvd.
- Performed a week of drum clinics in the UK.
- Performed at halftime for the Super Bowl XLV (recorded)
- Traveled to every continent except for South America and Antarctica thanks to music.
- When I gave my job 2 weeks notice because I was pursuing my dream to become a full time musician.
- Playing in front of millions during live concert with Usher that aired on Showtime.
- Hosting a string of jam sessions that allowed me to give back to my community.
- Purchasing my first home.
- Losing 70 pounds while out on tour. (I’m still working on it.)
- Marrying my best friend in March 2012.
- Did the unthinkable and went 1 month without eating meat. (I really thought that was impossible. Lol)
Stay consistent with your workouts, stay hydrated, and have fun!!!