February 12, 2013 vega
Looking to impress that special someone this Valentine’s Day? Chef Morgan`s Coconut Chocolate Truffles might just fit the bill. These decadent little bites look impressive, but are surprisingly easy to prepare — not to mention delicious!
- ½ (398ml) can coconut milk – Tip: shake can before opening
- 5 Vega Maca Chocolate Bars, chopped
- 4 tablespoons coconut butter (coconut butter contains the meat of the coconut and cannot be substituted with coconut oil)
- 2 Vega Maca Chocolate Bars, chopped
- Toasted coconut flakes, to coat
- Over a double boiler, heat coconut milk until hot. Add in chopped chocolate (5 Vega Maca Chocolate Bars) and coconut butter. Whisk constantly until chocolate is fully melted.
- Place chocolate mixture in a bowl or glass container and store overnight in the fridge to cool.
- Scoop out 1 tablespoon of the chilled chocolate mixture at a time and roll in to balls (your hands will get quite messy). Refrigerate for another hour.
- Melt remaining 2 Vega Maca Chocolate pieces over a double boiler.
- Once chocolate is melted, fully coat truffles in the chocolate and place on a lined baking sheet. While chocolate is still melted, sprinkle with toasted coconut.
- Store in the refrigerator or freezer in a sealed container.